timing

Thread: timing

Defaulttiming

Okay- total newbie question-

Gabby and I are driving to Des Moines friday am - a 7 hour drive- and doing rally at a show there while visiting my brother.

The walk through is at 1. But I don't think we're going to make that.

The question is this: If the walk though is at 1, and there are 72 dogs entered in excellent, and advanced before us, what time should i be there? i don't want to sit around with gabby for hours, but I also don't want to miss it.

thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: timing

The walk-thru that is at 1, is it for the excellant? They should do walk-thru for each class but they can combine the A and B classes. Does that help at all?
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Yes, there is a walk-through for each class. So you need to look on your schedule to find when Novice shows. At our shows, if more than 2 hrs passes between the B and A classes (it averages 22 dogs an hour), so if the B class runs more than 2 hours, then A will usually get a walk-through as well.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CYNLABS
    then A will usually get a walk-through as well.
    But that depends on the judge. Been to some where the A and B's had the walk-thru together, so don't necessarily plan on a separate walk-thru. Better to get there and have to sit than to have missed it.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

I talked to the show secretary today. He said that since excellent starts at 1ish, he thought I should be there by 3:30 just in case it's running fast. he also said i have to go first in my class! eeek!

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

That's good advice to arrive by 3:30pm. Figure with course changes and walk thrus Novice probably won't start until 4pm - that may be aggressive - 4:30pm is more like it but sometimes dogs don't show up - or there are fewer walk thrus then you think there will be.
    Susan is right - often judges walk the A's and B's together since there are usually nowhere near the number of A's as B's. This way you can get settled - potty your pup - look at the course map and watch a little of the Advanced to get a feel for what the course might look like. DO NOT let anyone rush you, particularly if you are 1st. Take a deep breath - kiss your pup and off you go. That way the long wait will be for your green ribbon and not to go in the ring. Good luck. B
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon