Results From Our Second Open A Trial

Thread: Results From Our Second Open A Trial

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

DefaultResults From Our Second Open A Trial

We Amber did much better than I did again. We lost 1 point on heeling and F8, 1/2 point on DOR (front), 1 1/2 points on Retrieve (She didn't watch me throw it and thought a leaf was the DB and so ran a curve to the DB, also a crooked front), Retrieve over high lost a point for a tick and a 1/2 for a crooked front, Broad jump was a 1/2 point crooked front. So we ended with a 195. After groups they called us back (I thought for awards) and as I walked into the ring they asked me my number then they took my leash?!?!? Oh crap I was in a run off!!! I wish I had known before I stepped into the ring...lol We did the heeling pattern again and then they called in another team, then they called in another team, then they called in one last team.. Turns out there was a tie for 1st and a tie for 3rd. It was suspenseful waiting as they called the placements. The good news is we won our very first run off and got 1st place. We are now 2 for 2 in Open A both with 1sts. Hopefully our luck will hold out for tomorrow and we will get one more leg for our title.

Kelly and Amber
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

Wow very good..congrats

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!!! Good luck tomorrow!!!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

I'm really happy for you guys, but I am so jealous that I can hardly read your posts on how well you are doing. I'm not sure I'll ever get Emiu in the Open ring again, and I'm just feeling a little sad.

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Excellent job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anne

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by patm View Post
    I'm really happy for you guys, but I am so jealous that I can hardly read your posts on how well you are doing. I'm not sure I'll ever get Emiu in the Open ring again, and I'm just feeling a little sad.
    Don't be too jealous, she got her CD at 15 months of age and I thought it would be a cinch to train her for open, we spent over 1 1/2 years trying various ways to get a simple drop on recall with no luck. I gave up completely on obedience and after her elbow injury we started swimming at a Hunt test field. I got involved with people there and started training her for hunt tests. At some point it became really obvious that the "sit on whistle" was something she understood very well and in just a few tries I had her doing downs in the field. the drop on recall was then pretty much done. Bush drills became both retrieve over high and broad jump, retrieve on flat was a no brainer, honor became groups, heeling was done to and from the line. So when I say it took 6-8 weeks to train thats only in a formal obedience sence, we actually did all the field training for about 8 months. Because we were training something totally different there was no pressure on us to do it. Don't give up just train something different, I find its all connected eventually.

Kelly and Amber
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

That is really exciting! Congratulations. I hope you nail it and get the 3rd leg today (Sunday?)

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Congrats!!!