How much work do you do?

Thread: How much work do you do?

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

DefaultHow much work do you do?

I was just curious about how much you guys practice with your dog at home? Do you guys do one long session? Or just multiple short sessions?
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: How work do you do?

I try and do obedience with each dog each night. The sessions last maybe 1/2 hour to 45 minutes depending on how many different things we do. For example if just working on go-outs and articles, then 20-25 minutes. If signals, heeling, go-outs, attention, articles, stays etc then closer to 45 minutes. On weekends I "try" for two sessions each, but don't always make it. Right now we are in class 4 days a week, so those days we do not train at home.

Once the weather cooperates it's more, 'cause I will be working on agility, obedience jumping and hunt training.

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: How work do you do?

Right now we have been going to 2 classes a week - one a 2 hour class (too long for me and Emilu) and 1 that is 45 minutes (too short). I try to practice at least 1/2 hour on the days that we don't go to class, but usually miss one or 2 days. We usually practice on the back patio, but I try to take her to the college about every other week to work there.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: How much work do you do?

Gabby just turned seven months- so we do two session of no more than ten minutes unless we go to Petsmart or my school to train. Then it's a bit longer.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: How much work do you do?

I work Caleb on the average of about an hour each day except most weekends. By the time I go over Utility stuff and Open stuff, it's an hour or more. But, I keep it fun for him so he does not get burned out.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org