Anyone Show in UKC shows (questions)

Thread: Anyone Show in UKC shows (questions)

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultAnyone Show in UKC shows (questions)

Anyone show in UKC shows?

Is Ruger too old to register with UKC?

UKC holds some shows in Jacksonville FL (not too bad a drive) and it might be fun to try these shows if I can get his papers.

Also, I noticed they have a "time" when you sign up for entries (between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m.) and the show starts at 8:30. The judges are only allowed to judge 55 dogs per day. So if you drive all the way down there and there are more than 55 dogs, are you just screwed? I'd want to be certain I could show if I drove down there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Anyone Show in UKC shows (questions)

No age limit on registration! Some shows allow you to do a temporary listing/registration day of show, but I don't see that option listed for that show.

I do UKC (actually prefer them). Day of show entries are convienent but typically a wee bit more expensive. You can pre-enter if you want to be really sure of getting in. While they state that there is a number limit for the judges, I have never seen it cut off, even if there are more than the limit. (I think it gives the judge the option of cutting it off if they wish). Typically UKC shows are rather small, even around here where UKC is based. These are the shows April 7th and 8th? Last year at the Jacksonville shows there were 13 entries in one show (Novice and Open combined, and either no Utility or no one placed), and 11 entries the next day (Novice and Open combined, and either no Utility or no one placed).

edit to add: 11 or 13 entries IS a little smaller than usual. 20-30 is more typical. Even at the Classics though 50 would be a lot.

lcspt is offline Senior Member

I just registered Kona ..... have yet to compete in UKC shows.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

UKC does day of entries as well as pre-entries. Normally if you pay before the closing you get a price brake.
    I have never seen a limit where they can only judge 55 dogs a day and tried finding something referring to what you are talking about.
    Agility sometimes limits the amount of entries. Normally around 200 combined, if that is what you mean.

You may or may not get in if you wait until day of to enter. I would contact the club and ask them what their entries normally are like and what the likelihood is of you getting in if you do it that way. You can also contact them just before and ask if they are full.
    Kim

I'm not too familiar with obedience, only did that by force , but agility trials fill rather often. If I decide last minute to do a trial (the beauty of UKC), I'll email or call the secretary and ask if they filled or have room for Day Of entries the thursday or friday before the trial. If they have room and you show up when entries open, you'll get in.

Have fun!

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

All my dogs are registered UKC as well. Hudler just got registered and he is over 5! There aren't too many shows in my area but we're going to do them each time just as a challenge, in both breed and obedience.