Our Weekend

Thread: Our Weekend

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultOur Weekend

Well, it was a great trip down to South Carolina. Nice weather to be driving in. We were first team in all four times (both days in Utility A and Open B). As Linda and Monnie will attest when Caleb actually stayed and did his signals, I could have been done for the rest of the weekend and been happy. We came the closest we have ever come to qualifying in Utility. He does like that bar jump!!! He decided which jump to take little fart!! : Saturday our fronts and finishes were off and had no idea they weren't as bad as I thought they were. Caleb went really wide on the broad jump and was crooked and he took only 1 point off. Gift! We lost only 1/2 point on our heel free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! I was shocked! Like I said our fronts and finishes were not the best that day. Linda and Monnie were laughing when he called us out for first place. Then when I saw that the Utility B first place was only a 190 1/2 all we had to do was wait for Novice B to finish. When he announced the first place was in the whatever score, I about lost it--we had HIGH IN TRIAL! This was not only Caleb's first AKC HIT but my first as well!

Sunday he did his signals again and was qualifying up to the directed jumping, even with a bad moving stand. He did not sit on the first go out but took the correct jump. Our second go out was perfect! :P Like she said, too bad he didn't do that the first time! Oh well, I was still happy with his progress. We do certainly have some work to do before February 10--our next show. Sunday's Open B was ok but he played with his dumbbell on the retrieve over the high and hit the jump coming back so we had a 192 1/2 and third place.

Over all not bad show wise.

The very best part was getting to spend time with Linda and Monnie! They are great! Mom is fun too (took me forever to remember Ann's name! : I really can be sooooooooo blond sometimes!). Linda, Ann, Monnie, Walt (Monnie's husband), Lew and I went to dinner again and it was great fun. No funny stores about Perlie Mae though!

The people from Linda and Monnie's club are terrific! A number of them came up to me and told me they hope we come back down next year again. Even without either Linda or Monnie there on Sunday, I was never left by myself or felt like I did not belong!

The drive home was a bit challenging when we got to West Virginia. We really pushed through the Carolina's cause Lew wanted to get through most of the WV turnpike before dark. Good thing we did cause it was getting pretty nasty. Ran into places in Ohio, too, that the weather was getting bad but once we got to Canton and Akron, it was fine.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Our Weekend

Susan - Sounds like you had a wonderful time in South Carolina and you are so close to a Q that it will happen in Toledo for sure. I cannot imagine how thrilling it must be to get a HIT. What a terrific feeling - I'll bet Caleb knew too how fabulous an accomplishment that is. So glad you made it home OK. Driving here was terrible yesterday - so much snow and blowing conditions. Just FYI - the CABTC premium is out for the show on March 10 &11. Terry has decided not to show Shamrock in Toledo. He will be busy doing tax work 10 hours a day until just before the Toledo show and so no time to practice. He decided it would be unfair to Shamrock to expect him to do well without any training in the ten days before the shows. Terry made the decision too late to withdraw our entries so if he does get a chance to train on Saturday, maybe he will go to show on Sunday but I doubt it.
    Looks like we won't see you and Caleb until CABTC in March. I'm entering Doro in Rally just for fun and an additional RAE2 leg I hope and Shamrock in Rally Advanced to finish his RA again, I hope. Again, congratulations on a wonderful weekend and your HIT. Betsy
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Oh! I was looking forward to seeing you all! I understand. We're entered on Saturday only. I have Caleb entered at CABTC in Rally for another RAE leg (a friend of mine wants me to go with her, so I figured I'd enter). I am figuring on Utility A on Saturday and both Open and Utility on Sunday.

Thanks! you two are so special!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

I'll miss seeing in Toledo. Since its an Ohio show, I think many of the same exhibitors from YABTC, CABTC and the I-X will be showing. I know Terry is disappointed but he feels he has made progress with Shamrock since Youngstown last October and doesn't want to lose ground. Utility is stressful enough without adding stress from lack of practice. I knew you were only entered in Toledo on Saturday. I had entered Doro in Veterans on Saturday just for fun and if the weather co-operates, maybe I will take him up just for that. I took him to an APDT Rally Match in January just for the exercise and he seemed to do OK. There aren't many ADPT Rally trials - at least any close to Cleveland so I don't know if I am going to travel to any when the risk of bad weather looms. I haven't done any Agility with Shamrock and I miss it so I told Terry he needs to get that UD so S & I can go back into Agility soon. Glad you, Caleb & Lew are home safely. Driving in WestVA in the snow is no fun, that's for sure. B
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

As always it was so much FUN to see you guys again. You kick up our competition a "notch" every time you come down our way

I'm so glad you didn't feel abandoned on Sunday. I was worried about that. But I was honestly so sick that morning, I just couldn't physically make myself drive up there. Double drat. Ruger keeps telling me he WOULD have qualified Sunday IF I had taken him He's such a tease.

Continued good luck. You'll be getting those Q's soon!!!

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

I so enjoyed seeing you, Lew, and Caleb, too. I think we were all a little tired Sat. night. Glad our club members took care of you on Sunday. Most of them are a great bunch of people. See you in Dec.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie