Off to our second and third Open A Trial

Thread: Off to our second and third Open A Trial

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

SmileOff to our second and third Open A Trial

We will be competing this weekend for the second and third times in Open A. Amber did really great in her first one with a 197 and a first place. This trail will be held in the same park as the first one, but it is a Basset Hound Specialty show with all breed obedience. I there are 11 of us in Open A on Saturday and 10 in Open A on Sunday. Last time I looked it was supposed to be 95+ on both days. Amber does better heeling in the heat but I worry she won't pick her legs up on the jumps. I have decided that this Open Obedience stuff is alot less stressfull than Novice..lol I may just have to try training Utility to see if that is even less stressful than Open..lol Of course it took me 2 1/2 years to finaly train for Open and only 6-8 weeks to train it (I won't mention the 9 months of field work or 2 years of agility.)
    I hope Amber stays sitting on the group sits in the heat.

Kelly and Amber
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Good luck. My dogs won't perform in the heat so we don't show in the summer months.

Hoping you'll pick up another leg or two and a title

debjen is offline Senior Member

good luck..have fun

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Have fun and good luck I've competed in the heat and I usually just have some cool water to wet him down a little on his belly, underarm, and groin area that usually helps my fella out before he has to show and perform the long sit and down. Hope you get a good judge that will sit the dogs in the shade if there is any to be found in the ring.

Again, have fun...you're doing well so far

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Good Luck!! Heck, I am stressing over Maddy getting her final U-CD leg this weekend. And she already has her CD, but for some reason I am nervous! Probably cuz it's a 2 hr. drive to the trial and I don't want to drive 2 hr. home empty handed!

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

I am not to worried about the heat Our first CD leg it was 113 and we had a 196. I am more worried about the ducks and the river that was right next to the ring (about 30 feet away). last time they had a person there to keep the ducks out of the ring during the groups..lol

Kelly and Amber
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca

I'm really impressed being able to still compete via not getting distracted by the ducks and the river....my boy Sandy would have a VERY hard time staying on task and not decide to head on down to the river.

My daughter did have someone once blowing a duck call that they won at the auction while she was competing in Rally Excellent...his ears perked up and he did a visual check. All she could do was keep saying frantically No Ducks! No Ducks! Leave It! No Ducks!...he did stay on task and they finished up their RE. Everyone got a good chuckle out of that and felt for the 15 year old with her then 3year old lab. Looking back now it was funny but stressful for her.

You never know what you might need to proof for...one time a mole popped out of its hole right in the middle of the ring.

Have fun!