Ruger, Ruger, Ruger

Thread: Ruger, Ruger, Ruger

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRuger, Ruger, Ruger

I have a trial coming up this weekend. Utility A both days, and Wildcard Utility A on Saturday. I've been sicker than a dog and have lost my voice twice and am still very squeeky. Ruger seems to LOVE this condition and when I've been able to drag my sorry butt outside to work him he's been dead on, and I mean DEAD ON. My mom watched him yesterday and she was flabbergasted at how beautiful he worked, and she's seen him at his worst

I just know this is the calm before the storm. Come Saturday morning when we enter the ring he'll be my usual laggy boy who can't remember how to do the exercises or doesn't want to leave mom for gloves and go outs.

Sigh. I have such a beautiful Utility Dog at home

Maybe I need to keep my squeaky, croaking voice for the show

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Ruger, Ruger, Ruger

I think you might be on to something. We have what we call the "squirrel voice". It 's the one that we use to alert the dogs that there are squirrels at the birds feeders - we open the screen door (or not) and the dogs go busting out at high speed to get those varments!!! The voice is actually said in a kind of swooshy whisper. I have found that if I really want Emilu's attention , or get her revved up a little, I just have to use the "squirrel voice" - it doesn't matter what I actually say.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

I know Caleb has been working well, too. Even at the pet stores he's been waiting and doing his signals and go outs. We'll see this weekend!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Your voice is probably quieter so that probably has Ruger's attention. Do you think you'll have your voice back by the trial?

One of the jr handlers in our agility class has the best working dog I've ever seen. She speaks so softly to the dog that I can only barely hear her when they are passing right in front of me. The dog is very attentive too. I think speaking softly may have a bigger impact than booming.

Good luck this weekend. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys. We are showing this weekend too (utility and agility on Sat, agility only on Sun)

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Good luck to all three of you showing .......... thinking green !!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottnlabs

Good luck this weekend. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys. We are showing this weekend too (utility and agility on Sat, agility only on Sun)
    You do well, too, Lydia!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org