Ruby's First Obedience Trial...and...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruby's First Obedience Trial...and...

DefaultRuby's First Obedience Trial...and...

And she did a fabulous job today, I am so proud of her!

She lost 0 points on the heel on lead/figure 8, wigled herself into an NQ on the SFE (that's my showgirl ), heeled near perfect on the off lead (lost .5, but had already NQ'd). She lost 1 on the recall for a one second hesitation when I called her, and flipped with her usual exuberence!

And the piece de resistance....she stayed the sits and downs, even with two other dogs in her face! (Another dog who Q'd broke, but they let him redo)

I am so happy, and the judge was beside herself with compliments about her, so I am very excited! The expression and precision she has when heeling is wonderful, and a lot of people said she'd go far...yeah, ok...we'll see if I can ever get out of sight on her!

Just thought I'd share, no green ribbon, but I am over the moon!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Ruby's First Obedience Trial...and...

Good for you and Ruby! Sounds like you and she are well on your way to a successful obedience career!

krisinme is offline Senior Member

That is great Melissa. Sometimes just improving is worth a big Whooo HOOOO!!!!
    I am happy if my dogs improved. The Green ribbon will come in time. Keep working.
    WTG Ruby!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

MELISSA THAT IS WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD GIRL RUBY!!!!! NO POINTS OF ON HEEL ON LEAD AND 1/2 ON HEEL FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now as for the stand for exam--it isn't like Caleb has never done anything like that (remember his Utility judge he loved so much?!) And you told me she isn't smart!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Susan, she isn't smart, just willing to do whatever I ask of her. I would never trust her to make her own decisions like Owe'n or even (shutters to compare the two) Rhys.

Oh, and she was 3rd in her Open yellow class today too, and there were more then three dogs LOL

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by luvmydogz2much
    Oh, and she was 3rd in her Open yellow class today too, and there were more then three dogs LOL
    The last breed show Caleb was in, he placed all three days and there were more than four dogs in his classes each day! Good judge! Good judge! That is what I hate about breed--in obedience I can come home and work on something but in breed it is just a person's opinion on how they interpret the standard. YUCK! Not sure why I keep doing it.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

patm is offline Senior Member

Wow! That's GREAT for her first time. How did you teach her such great attention - or is that part of her willingness to please? Emilu is a smart chick, but keeping her attention is a little difficult sometimes.

Such wonderful scores. Very nice!

Does she wiggle on the SFE in practice? If so, why not try elevating her on blocks of wood or even cans so if she moves her feet, she falls off. Maybe that will teach her that she can wiggle without moving her feet.

lcspt is offline Senior Member

I am very impressed and glad that you enjoyed your first time out with Ruby!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

No, she doesn't wiggle in class, or the conformation ring, but it is something to do with the obedience ring...so very hard to correct. We've been to WalMart, Petsmart, outside the movie theatre when movies get out...and she holds...TODAY...

On the Stand she stayed, heeled near perect (-0.5 on the figure 8 for bumping me when my instructor, in the ring beside us with his Golden in Rally gave his dog a GET IT IN...it was funny!

But alas, NQ today too, as I had to give her a second command for the recall. This is something I have NEVER had a problem with with her. But we didn't get to warm up at all, we literally ran from one building to the other (see other thread, question about conflicts) and they were calling our number, even though they let us go last.

The judge was awesome with us, as we had not watched any of the others in our class as we were not there. He was asking who we were, and why this dog was not in B...LOL

Again, very proud of her!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast