We had a new obedience instructor tonight

Thread: We had a new obedience instructor tonight

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultWe had a new obedience instructor tonight

They switched the night of Advanced obedience and my normal instructor (the obedience Nazi ) can't teach that night. The class is at 6:30 which is almost impossibLe for me to get there on time, and only lasts an hour. It is a class for "novice obedience", those dogs coming out of basic who want to advance. So Emilu is more advanced than the other dogs. (except for her attention - some of those dogs had beautiful attention). But I learned alot from just having a different instructor. You learn something new from everybody. And the class atmosphere was much calmer. I left refreshed and happy - not exhausted and frustrated. And the last thing that instructor said to me was "would you be terribly insulted if I told you that your dog was very overweight?" And I said - "no - the first time I ever entered this building I got a 10 minute lecture on how overweight my dog was" I am still planning on training with my old instructor too - every other Monday we have rented the building for "practice" with my original advanced class.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: We had a new obedience instructor tonight

Well, good! It is so true about learning something different from every instructor. I've had a different one for each class we've taken, and I love that about it. Even the instructor I could not stand (you probably remember her) had one good tip that I took away and still use.

It IS impossible to make it to a class at 6:30! I can barely do 7:00. :

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

For my CD class one of my other instructors and I team teach it cause we each bring something different to the class. We each view things just a little different. It really is good!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I enjoy having different instructors too. Right now, I am taking 5 classes between Kodi and Hoss (he gets class three nights a week!). Each has a different instructor, and I value the information from each. (even if a bit frustrating some nights! )