Looking Back

Thread: Looking Back

DefaultLooking Back

Hi All, I havn't been here in a while but it looks like everyone is doing great.

I took a moment to look back over our year and WOW!!! Last year this time I would have never even imagined being where we are. We go an APDT Level 1 Title, Started on our RN, got our CGC, and became blood bank donors.

To some of you this may not seem like a lot but to someone that never even considered going into the ring with a dog I am just amazed. Plus the fact that Rowdy won't be 2 unitl May just blows my mind.

I can only hope that 2007 is full of as much fun as 2006 was.

That is my shameless brag (sorry). I would love to hear (in a nutshell) what went on with others.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Looking Back

Good to "see" you again! Sounds like you and Rowdy are doing FANTASTIC! I look forward to hearing about the Rowdy team adventures!

HI!!

It sounds like '06 was good to you. That is quite a list of accomplishments. What do you have planned for '07?

There are quite a number of us on here hoping (and praying) to complete our UDs this year.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rottnlabs
    HI!!

It sounds like '06 was good to you. That is quite a list of accomplishments. What do you have planned for '07?

There are quite a number of us on here hoping (and praying) to complete our UDs this year.
    That is just how "green" I am, I had to look up UD in my trusty training book. I am in total envy. I just want to get through Rally. If all goes as planned we should be able to get our RA by the Potomac. But then I never count on anything.

We can do APDT Rally forever if we want, they don't limit the number of championships for each level so we are going to continue to do that all year. Plus Rowdy loves to show off, it is usually me that makes us NQ. We will try a little Freestyle this year and if all goes well we may start work on our Obedience in '08. Now that I seem to have figured out my ring fear issues I just want to have fun this year.

I wish you all the luck in the world. I have come to understand how hard trainers/handlers work with their dogs and hope everyone reaches their goals.

patm is offline Senior Member

You guys did GREAT! Emilu and I started in AKC Rally trials in September and got our RN in 3 tries. Did another show after that for extra. Got 1 first place, 1 second and 2 fourths. We attempted to breed her in the spring and the fall - no go with both. That took several months off being able to take her to class or show. We are now entered in our first Rally Advanced Feb 9th.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

You had a really great year! Being a blood donor is wonderful!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Wow, what a great year you had!!! Congrats!

We also came a looooooong way in one year, but no titles to show for it. Hoping to get CD (Novice Obedience), TD (Tracking Dog), and CGC in 2007. Maybe an RN, too? And start training for JH (Junior Hunter).

Crossing fingers and paws for the UD hopefuls for this year!

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Rowdy's mom - What a fantastic year you've had and your guy is still very young. The more you do the more you will want to do. And don't worry about having to look stuff up - I still get the Agility Preferred designations goofed up.
    2006 was a wonderful year for both of my dogs. My older guy got his RE in June and finished his RAE in December. My younger guy earned an RN and NAP with me as his handler and his 1st UD leg with my husband handling him. This year - the goal is complete UD, start on UDX and aim for completing it by year end and then maybe I can get Shamrock back for more Rally and more Agility. I have agreed to no Agility until UD is done. For my older guy - maybe a couple of shows for RAE additional legs but he's 11 and maybe he's been to enough shows.
    I wish you continued success in 2007 and beyond - there's always more to try.
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

You are doing Great!!!!! I wish we could be Blood Donors.
    We got a RN,CD,RA,WC(Working certificate, hunting) And got 2 legs in Novice Agility. We might also have gotten Top Novice A dog in the US in obedience.(still waiting for Front and Finish to get the ratings site up) So this has been a truely Great year for us!!! Our goals for the next year are to get a CDX a JH and a AX,AXJ and to start Tracking. All that may be a bit unrealistic but I can always try.

Kelly and Amber