One week until the trials

Thread: One week until the trials

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultOne week until the trials

And I'm getting ASKEERED!

We got our email confirmation today. Tomorrow night Angus is going to Level 4, Friday night Simon is going to Rally, Saturday we will practice at home, Sunday we have a Show n Go, Monday I assistant teach Rally, Tuesday we will get to practice again at home, Wednesday we go to the show site to set up, and Thursday is the first day of the trial. It runs through Sunday.

I know most of you have done this a thousand times and are probably sitting there thinking, "Yawn...so?" But this just seems like a huge deal to me. I am really trying hard to get us all prepped so we will do well.

I am feeling very good about who is entered in what and how often. I don't think Simon will have any problems with Rally. We will see how he does Friday night, which will be his third time on a Rally course, but so far he has been pretty darn good for just starting out. The Novice (obedience) judge on Sunday liked him. She seemed to think he was ready for that right now. I think as long as I can talk to him he will be fine. Really, he'd be fine without the talking. He's just

Angus is only doing one day of Pre-Novice, and I have to say I am feeling a great sense of relief that this is all he will have to do. Surely he can manage to hold it together for this! I really don't know why I don't feel ready for Novice obedience with him. Well, his stays have been very sketchy for a long time. They are getting better, but for some reason I'm having a hard time trusting him still. We need to work on this for a while longer.

To add to my nervousness, this is the first show I will be going to sans-caddy. :P Kevin has gone along to all the shows to this point to help me keep my head screwed on. He is going to help me set up on Wednesday so all I'll have to bring on Thursday is Simon. Oh man, I just hope I don't forget anything! Kevin will be there on Sat-Sun, but Thu-Fri I'm on my own. With Simon, the easy dog.

Anyway, just felt like I had to get all this off my chest! It's very exciting. I hope Simon gets his RN. I hope Angus doesn't do anything stupid. I hope *I* don't do anything stupid.

(Simon and Kevin are the only ones I trust not to do anything stupid )

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: One week until the trials

Connie, Remember to breathe ........... often ............. it's good for you to do (keeps the brain working ) and most of all enjoy the entire show experience. Good luck with both boys!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

You will do just fine!

Sounds like you have a busy week or so ahead of you, but you do have it all planned out!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

You're going to do great!

Awww...you guys are going to be just fine. It sounds like you've got all your bases covered so all that's left is to go out there and have fun. ;D

patm is offline Senior Member

Sounds like a very busy, fun week with your doggies!