Question about conflicts

Thread: Question about conflicts

DefaultQuestion about conflicts

Saturday is a dream schedule for the show Ruby and I are going to this weekend, conformation at 8:00am, and obedience starting at 10:40am, plenty of time!

No such luck on Sunday, labs start at 10:00am (20-21(1-1)), which Ruby would show around 11:00-11:15am and her obedience class starts at 10:20am and she is 7th in...with a six minute drive between venues (I went and timed it yesterday LOL) I don't think we will make it.

If Ruby goes winners biotch, then we won't make it at all having to go back in for breed.

We are going to ask on Saturday to run her last in her class of 15, and if we aren't there to scratch her...does that seem reasonable to you guys? Or weird? What would you do?

So much stress about something that doesn't even matter in the real world! SHEESH!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Question about conflicts

I have absolutely no idea, so I'm interested to see what people say. ??? I didn't enter both boys on the same day at our trials out of fear something like this would happen.

At our last trial they were holding up Rally for someone who was still in the obedience ring. They had to run with their dog from obedience straight into Rally. That actually wouldn't be all that bad, as they would be all warmed up by then, but I had visions of having five minutes to switch dogs. : Yikes!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Also, a side note, I have been meaning to tell you that I love the quote in your signature. How perfect.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Ask the stewards on Saturday if they are going to do the same class on Sunday and tell them you have a conflict on Sunday and that you need to be moved to the end of the class. If you do not make it you will be counted as absent (no real problem for the judge .......... they will not hold up the class waiting for you). You will still need to check in to get your arm band number before you run if you make it over to the obed. rings in time on Sunday.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

You didn't say if this is the same show in 2 different locations or 2 different shows.

If it is the same show, there is no problem asking for accommodations when you or your dog has an actual ring conflict but it is still ultimately up to the judge (most are very good about it though). I had an entire Open obedience class sits/downs held up for 30 min waiting for someone to finish in the conformation ring. I was not happy about that one since they made us line up and stay in line the entire time we were waiting. :

If these are 2 separate shows (not the same club), my guess is they may not accommodate the request.

By the way, usually the stewards are assigned to the same judge for the entire weekend and move from ring to ring, class to class with him/her. Try to find out which ring the Sun judge is in on Sat and ask the judge & stewards about moving. Also, if any of your friends are showing on Sun, I'd ask one of them to remind the stewards about the conflict on Sun.

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

I am sorry!!! I hate conflicts too. It always seems that happens when I try to do too much!

Can someone help show for you? I know there are usually some Jr's around that can jump in and show in a pinch for me. I would also see if you can do the obedience first....check in as early as possible, ask to run first...if you pass they might have to wait for the group exercise while you deal with the breed ring. If you don't, you can skip the group exercise. That happened to me when showing Maddy in Open...she didn't pass, so I scrapped the group and scratched the next day since she was obviously not ready for that level yet.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I absolutely cannot do this. I admire those of you who can run from ring to ring. It's way too stressful for me and when I have done it, the results are that we don't perform well in either ring. So I no longer do it, not worth the wasted entry fees for me.

They should accommodate you, but it's still going to be stressful

Good luck!!!

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Melissa, that is want I hate about showing breed and obedience on the same day. Most obedience judges are very accomidating. I have literally ran out of the breed ring to change and then into the obedience ring. Caleb is such a wonderful boy! He makes the adjustment right away without a hitch.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org