Entry Breakdown

Thread: Entry Breakdown

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultEntry Breakdown

Linda they have the entry breakdown up--7 in Utility A. I have Caleb entered in Open B as well and there are 13 each day. Now, if he'll hold his sit/stays--something he just started to not do!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Entry Breakdown

Susan where are you finding this information. I've not even gotten a confirmation back yet. I hope they got my entries.

Susan - I didn't know you were competing in Open B at the same time as UA. Is there a particular reason?

Connie Cleveland says you should concentrate only on Utility until you get your 1st place and half your OTCH points before adding Open back in so the dog is clear and confident in Utility. I know you aren't working on an OTCH, I just was wondering why you would compete in both classes right now (can't get UDX legs until you get a UD). UA is stressful enough for a green dog.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    Susan where are you finding this information. I've not even gotten a confirmation back yet. I hope they got my entries.
    I found it on Info dog. I have not got my confirmation back either, but did check Infodog.

Quote Originally Posted by rottnlabs
    Susan - I didn't know you were competing in Open B at the same time as UA. Is there a particular reason?

Connie Cleveland says you should concentrate only on Utility until you get your 1st place and half your OTCH points before adding Open back in so the dog is clear and confident in Utility. I know you aren't working on an OTCH, I just was wondering why you would compete in both classes right now (can't get UDX legs until you get a UD). UA is stressful enough for a green dog.
    I talked with Linda and decided to add Open B because his is very comfortable and to help build confidence. This will be the first time I've done so we'll see how he does. Plus I wanted to support Linda's obedience club. If it was one around here I probably would not have done that.
    Susan

www.labmed.org

Just checked and the judging program is now up on Infodog. Utility A begins at 8 a.m. both day.
    Susan

www.labmed.org

GOOD LUCK!!
    Caleb's mom will be competing in Open in Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by labnpug
    GOOD LUCK!!
    Caleb's mom will be competing in Open in Feb.
    Caleb says, "Go Mom!!!!"
    Susan

www.labmed.org

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Hi Susan - When is your show in South Carolina? Is it this weekend or next? Are you traveling by yourself?
    Hope the weather cooperates and even if cold is not snowy or rainy. Terry showed Shamrock in both Utility A and Open B at the I-X just to see how he would do with two stressful times in the ring. Remarkably he did great in both - his first UD leg and a 193.5 in Open B. In Toledo he's just doing Utility though. I told him he had to Q because Shamrock & I miss doing Agility - our "deal" is no Agility in 2007 until a UD is earned. I had not previously heard of Connie Cleveland's suggestion regarding Utility and Open. Guess you need to know your dog and what his skills and strengths are. I've seen handlers who already have an OTCH on another dog show their newer dog in both Open B & Utility B before the UD has been earned. As with anything dog related, each handler has to decide what is best for their team. Good luck and hope to see you soon.
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

Quote Originally Posted by 2yellowlabs
    Hi Susan - When is your show in South Carolina? Is it this weekend or next? Are you traveling by yourself?
    Hope the weather cooperates and even if cold is not snowy or rainy.
    It is next weekend--we leave early a week from today. We certainly are praying that the weather holds for us. Lew is going with me. He would not miss a chance to golf, which is nice cause then he does not mind going all these places!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2yellowlabs
    Terry showed Shamrock in both Utility A and Open B at the I-X just to see how he would do with two stressful times in the ring. Remarkably he did great in both - his first UD leg and a 193.5 in Open B. In Toledo he's just doing Utility though. I told him he had to Q because Shamrock & I miss doing Agility - our "deal" is no Agility in 2007 until a UD is earned. I had not previously heard of Connie Cleveland's suggestion regarding Utility and Open. Guess you need to know your dog and what his skills and strengths are. I've seen handlers who already have an OTCH on another dog show their newer dog in both Open B & Utility B before the UD has been earned. As with anything dog related, each handler has to decide what is best for their team. Good luck and hope to see you soon.

I think that is her personal thought on the matter. Linda and Mike MacDonald think it is great to do both. Especially cause it can be such a confidence boost cause they are often more comfortable in Open. I don't plan on an OTCh but would like to try for a UDX so why not begin to condition him to both. Like I said, I asked Linda when I was in class one day and she thought it would be a great idea and should be some good positive ring experience.

I did mail my entry for Toledo for that Saturday only.
    Susan

www.labmed.org

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Susan - What you say makes sense. I can see why the Linda & Mike would suggest both. And who knows, maybe on the way to that UDX, an OTCh might arrive too. I know Terry would like a UDX and will aim for it once the UD is finally done. And who knows - an OTCh - why not? I do know that some competitors look for small shows with a hope that those 1st place ribbons might be a little easier to obtain than the big shows with all the semi-professionals.

Good luck next weekend and I'll look forward to seeing you in Toledo. I'm keeping an eye on CABTC too because the deadline for the March show is Feb 21st so I'm guessing the premium will be posted pretty soon.
    Drive safely and have fun and I know Caleb will be great. B
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon