Have to brag!!!

Thread: Have to brag!!!

DefaultHave to brag!!!

I just have to brag after taking Jack to a Rally "drop in" class last night. We have finished a beginner course, and just started with the drop in. They had beginner and intermediate signs in the ring, and he was the second best out of four!!! The others had been doing rally before, and had even competed! We even did the last run off leash! Now just to let you know, we have been working on obedience off and on for five years and we take agility courses, but we've never competed. And, of course, I cheated a little--I had cheese with me! We are going to keep at this as long as he enjoys it. I guess I'll have to wean him off the cheese if we are really going to compete!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Have to brag!!!

Good for you guys!!!

I look my three out last night and did a little practice on the sidewalk (it's been had to practice with 2-3ft of snow outside!!) and they did OK. Hudler and Maddy have a trial this weekend. Hudler could possibly earn his 3rd RN leg (first title ever!) and Maddy is going for her 2nd RA leg.

Grace, who I have been BAD about training as I just show her, did pretty good too. I am going to enter the next match, and let her do a run through. She even knows her finish right all of a sudden. Her problem is that it's hard to concentrate for her. She is a major scatterbrain. Sometimes I have to thump her head with my hand to get her to STOP.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

That is great!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Cyblabs, do you ever practice with all three of yours together? The reason I ask that is that I have had a little unexpected training success in taking Jack out with my 9 month old mix, Stella. As I have taught her hand signals, Jack has learned them, and as I work with him with voice commands, Stella learned them. I found out that Stella picked up on the turns when I tried that, too. I do work with them separately, too, but it's fun to do tandem sits, downs, turns, etc.