Agility show results

Thread: Agility show results

DefaultAgility show results

Well after three days of agility we only got one leg in novice standard. But on the really bright side we got a leg in standard novice and we ran the Novice jumpers all three days with no wrong courses and only NQing for droped bars. we have only been jumping 24" for about 3 weeks now. I finaly fiigured out how to control her start line manners and we seem to have conquered her barking when I leave her in a crate at a show. We had our best run yet in novice standard with no faults and 14 seconds under time even though i was making her hold her contacts extra long at each one. We tried FAST today but we kinda crashed and burned at the very start. we took out a jump Not just the bar but the whole jump. So I figured we better stop before we killed ourselves..lol I have trials the next three weekends so hopefully as we (actually I) work out things we will be better. One thing I have learned is Agility is alot harder than it looks. I thought that I would have a big advantage going in because of our obedience background, but it isn't a big help at all and I think some things from obedience have even made some things a bit harder.. But both of us are still learning as we go and are still having a blast doing it..

Kelly and Amber

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Agility show results

Congrats on your Leg!
    Sounds like all around you had a great weekend

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Congrats on your Novice leg!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

congrats on your leg..sounds like a good weekend all around

kaytris is offline Senior Member

congrats, sounds like a great weekend!

Congrats on the Q!

Quote Originally Posted by Kzunell
    I thought that I would have a big advantage going in because of our obedience background, but it isn't a big help at all and I think some things from obedience have even made some things a bit harder..
    HA! Been there, done that. Nothing like having a dog doing 30MPH constantly trying to get to your left side. I'm lucky I still have knees. It will all click for Amber soon. Murray switches back and forth between agility and obedience easily now.

Congratulations on the leg! ;D

I will be at the shows on the 13-14 and 20-21, but only with my Excellent dog so I'm not sure if we'll see you guys there.

At least the obedience training helped you develop a good working relationship with your dog. Some people start agility training with hardly any prior training and have no clue why their dog is the only one who won't focus, won't stay with them off-leash, won't follow a lure, etc.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Congrats on the leg!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org