Dog Show Report
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog Show Report

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultDog Show Report

I am very late to post the results of showing my two yellow labs at the Cleveland are I-X Center shows the weekend of Dec. 14 - 17th but I am very proud of both of my pups. The I-X is a very tough place to show. Its cavernous, loud and there is so much going on simultaneously its hard to stay on track no matter what kind of showing you are doing.

First my older dog who is 11 finished his AKC Rally RAE title. This was a terrific accomplishment for us because he hates floors that are slippery and the I-X is floor is concrete. It took Doro at least a couple of stations to realize he was OK and on matting and didn't have to worry about slipping. He kept it together the 4 times he needed to - we got scores in the 90's and on Friday we finished. We skipped Rally on Saturday and went back Sunday "just for fun." We did manage to Q in both Advanced B 0 and Excellent B - Excellent was the 2nd class and we revcd our lowest ever score of 77. Doro was so distracted and so not interested in Rally. I am going to decide in the spring if I should keep going.

My other yellow lab, Shamrock, had a great show. First he finished his Rally Novice title and then about ten minutes later he finished his Agility Novice Standard Preferred with his third 100 and third 1st place. I had been showing him in Open Standard and JWW for over a year with no Q's. I was traveling for my job and had almost no chance to do any training and the results were awful. Two very good friends suggested the change to Preferred and so far its been a big change and we've had great success.
    Shamrock also got two Rally Advanced B legs.

The best of all though is that on Saturday my husband showed Shamrock in Utility A and he QUALIFIED and took 1st place. He revcd a 193 score - only two dogs of 17 Q'd - the 1st dog in the ring who finished his title and the last dog in the ring - Shamrock - who took 1st place. Of course everyone applauded - and lots of hugs all around. Terry hugged the judge too and while she seemed momentarily surprised, she hugged back. It was a wonderful moment and I am proud of both of them. All in all it was a wonderful weekend.
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Dog Show Report

How wonderful! Congrats on all your wins! ;D What is "preferred"?

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

WOW, what a wonderful weekend. Susan was telling me about the I-X center. Sounds very noisy. Sounds a lot like the Greenville show here but thankfully the obedience at Greenville is in a seperate area of the building and it's not that noisy inside.

CONGRATS on that Utility leg. I'm envious. We are still working so hard on this stuff.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

Congrats on a very nice weekend..

"preferred" in agility means your dog can jump at a lower height and gets 5 seconds added to course time...for instance if your dog is suppose to jump 24 inches you can jump in the 20 inch class..otherwise the courses are the same

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Congrats to the whole team!!!

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Thanks everyone for your kind words. The I-X is fun but also lots of work because no matter where you park vs. where you have your crates, its a hike. After 4 days everyone was tired.
    The 1st Utility leg was so exciting. I was so thrilled for my husband because he has really been very kind about letting me show "his" dog in Agility. I told him 2007 is the year of the UD. We can always go back to Agility later and both of them need to focus on Utility.
    Happy New Year and lots of Q's and titles in 2007 for all of us.
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Congrats to all of you, dogs and humans!! ;D Looking forward to hearing about your future shows.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Congrats on all the titles/wins/placements. That was quite a busy weekend for everyone I'm sure.

I'm really impressed with Doro. I'm not sure my 5 yr old could stand up to 4 days of showing especially in 2 classes/day. That's quite an accomplishment for any dog, not to mention an 11 yr old. I'd forgive him for the 77(which is nothing to sneeze at either).

Congrats on the Q's!!

I was running 3 dogs in agility! Next year, we should find out who all will be at the cleveland shows and try to pick a meeting place/time

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Betsy--again congrats on such a great weekend!!! I know you and Terry both were very pleased. Sorry this is so late--just got back from Hilton Head and Florida.

Should see you at Toledo!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast