lessons

Thread: lessons

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Defaultlessons

I signed up for utility lessons from a local trainer (5 min. away). Her set of lessons includes one private lesson so she can see where we are in training and that we are on the same page. She competes with Rhodesian Ridgebacks. I'll see her on Thursday morning for the private lesson. I'll start the group lessons on the 9th (have to work on the 2nd). I'll let you know how it goes.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: lessons

You are very lucky to have a utility trainer...especially one so close. We don't have anyone who teaches utility out here. I can't wait to hear who the classes go for you.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

You are lucky. I hope she is good. Does she have an OTCH? or UDX?

We don't have anyone here teaching for utility. I rely on fellow club members who are competing and also on a local judge.

Can't wait to see how your lessons go.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Good luck with your lessons. I hope you and your trainer click. Our private trainer has become my good friend over this past year that we started training with her.

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Does she have an OTCH? or UDX?
    Pat has an OTCH on her golden and an UDX 6, UDX on her older Ridgeback and 90 OTCH points, UD on her middle ridgeback and she has a puppy rigdgeback. She has retired her older ridgeback for now so he isn't competing against his sister. She has trained alot with Connie Cleveland and considers her her mentor.

We had a private lesson this am so she could see where we are and what problem we have. We worked on randam sits to improve Kona's go outs and will work with guides for a while. She also gave me away to work on poor pivots and marks with gloves so he doesn't get the reward of a retrieve unless he marks correctly.

Not sure when our classes will be ........ we'll all decide on Saturday at her party. It'll probably be 3 lab people in the class.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo