Our first agility leg in our first show!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our first agility leg in our first show!

DefaultOur first agility leg in our first show!

Well we managed to qualify in standard, but knocked a bar and had a wrong course in Jumpers. We also tried FAST and had a qualifying score in that, too bad its not an offical entry till Jan 1st. We had one run-on in standard so we ended up with a 3rd place ribbon. I ended up doing running starts because I could tell she was way to wound up to hold a stay. We will work on those where I can correct as needed. Our contacts were horrible she was not getting two on two off for most of them so I held her an extra few seconds at each one. Even holding her the extra time on all the contacts we were still more than 10 seconds under course time. Thanks for all the encouragement for my first show. And yes it was totally a blast and more fun than Obedience..lol

Kelly and Amber

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Our first agility leg in our first show!

Congrats on your first leg!! Glad you had fun.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

debjen is offline Senior Member

congrats on your first let..hoping for many more to come

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ZRL
    ZRL is offline Senior Member

Congratulations! ;D
    Zeke RN, agility miscreant and CGC failure

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

hehehehe ;D You are SO hooked now ;D

Congrats on the leg! Two more to the title. I'm proud of you. See, nothing to worry about at all

Congratulations! I saw your JWW run, Amber is an AMAZING dog! With just a little bit more control I think you guys will be a really really competitive team ;D

And I have to put in a good word for you on the off-course in Jumpers ... that particular section was HARDER in Novice than it was in Excellent, because the angle of the previous two jumps had the dog going STRAIGHT towards the tunnel, and there was more distance between the weaves and the jump in Novice so the dog couldn't see them as well. They were both icky courses for Novice. A lot of the usual Excellent people had young dogs in Novice today and we decided that these courses were a lot harder than they were when our older dogs were in Novice.

Because I am too lazy to make my own thread, Dusty got a double-Q, 4th in Standard and ~15 points, Boo had an off-course in JWW that was my fault and in Standard I don't really remember what happened, but his contacts are falling apart (in the past couple months he hasn't seen a contact outside of trials, so he's starting to lose it a little).

patm is offline Senior Member

Whoo whoo!!!! Congrats! Bet it was really fun.

yeah we ran the JWW course in 32 seconds with me stopping completely when she went off course through the tunnel and then waiting for her to come all the way back to me and then finishing the course. I know we could have done the course clean in 27 seconds. I just need to learn how to do control and maybe better plan out my crosses. Learn where I am going to be able to get into position and really need to work on distance work!! And this agility stuff is a blast!!!! Why didn't anyone tell me it was this much fun 20 years ago?!?!?

Kelly and Amber

Congrats on your first Q! See...all that worry for nothing. It sounds like you guys did GREAT!

Glad you had fun! Did you qualify in JWW today? I only saw you in Standard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast