ATTN: MI newbies

Thread: ATTN: MI newbies

DefaultATTN: MI newbies

Just thought I would share that if you are interested in getting your dog in the obedience ring, there is a "special" for Novice A entries only at the Oakland shows (at the fair grounds) $5- entries! Woohoo!

Ready or not, I am entering Ruby both days, is that wrong?

http://www.infodog.com/prm/1119/prm1119.htm

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: ATTN: MI newbies

Now THAT'S a great way to hook some new blood into the sport. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by luvmydogz2much

Ready or not, I am entering Ruby both days, is that wrong?
    The answer to that question will depend entirely upon your goals. Personally I would not show a dog who was not ready but that's just me. It can create bad habits that are not easy to fix. Others will have different opinions. I know you've been working hard with Ruby so my guess is she is more ready than you may think she is. What does your instructor think?

Well Charlie is the one who told me to enter, and Dan (who is an AKC judge) laughed when I asked if I should...he thought she had her CD already.

My big issue is with her sits and downs...any way to make them 100% in a month? We're at about 90%, and I don't ever know when the other 10% will happen!

Susan has met her, not in the obedience ring, but met her. She's actually in Cleveland and Susan is supposed to be keeping an eye out on her LOL in her spare time (tehe)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ZRL
    ZRL is offline Senior Member

Well, if people who know Ruby think she is ready.....go for it!

Zeke RN, agility miscreant and CGC failure

Quote Originally Posted by luvmydogz2much
    My big issue is with her sits and downs...any way to make them 100% in a month? We're at about 90%, and I don't ever know when the other 10% will happen!
    What is the specific issue? Does she break and go to you, just go down on the sit (or sit on the down), or does she stand up?

I would practice minimum 3 min sits and 5 min downs so 1 and 3 minutes will seem like a cake walk. I would practice them EVERYWHERE...while cooking dinner, watching TV, outside working in the yard, at Petsmart, in the park. I even practice sits/downs when I'm setting up/taking down our EZ up and when I'm walking the courses at agility class (I practice signals then too). I practice them EVERYWHERE.

She goes down on the sit and sniffs ALOT on the down...

We are working on it, and I am pretty confident that she will be ok.

I would rather be in a show ring then an obedience ring. You can't behave badly in the show ring! Little room for embarassment.