toot for Morgan

Thread: toot for Morgan

Defaulttoot for Morgan

Well we finished Advanced Obedience last night and Morgan got given the "Best in Class" certificate again (he received the same certificate in his basic obedience class). I was so proud of him. When another owner walks up to you, looks at your dog and says that their goal is to get their dog exactly like yours, you know you must be doing something right.

So, the Level Three course starts at the end of January and I have him preregistered for that one. I have a feeling that one is going to be challenging. The winter months have come on and with the poor weather it means training conditions are crappy and usually I am training outside in the dark. However, it is something that I am looking forward to.

Hard to believe that when I got Morgan 6 months ago, I would be walking him six months later off leash, getting him to down, stop, stay, upsit, stand and his new one, back up...with hand signals. He was such a goof when I got him...that much has not changed, he is still a big goof...but he can snap out of it and perform as well. Matter of fact, half way through this current set of training, I had a couple of the owners come to me and comment on how good and well behaved Morgan was and how their dogs were just too rambunctious and young to do what Morgan does. They were amazed when I told them that Morgan was only a year old and that he was just as if not more goofy then their dogs. They did not believe until I gave him a release command and started playing with him...he turned puppy all over

Anyway, sorry for going on and on but kind feeling a lot or pride and very sentimental about my dog today

Ken

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: toot for Morgan

Great job! I'm glad to hear you are continuing on. Obedience is so addicting.

I'm a firm believer that people get out what they put in to their classes/training. No matter what class I'm in, I can always tell who has done their homework. ;D

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: toot for Morgan

You should be proud of him. And don't ever apologize for posting about it!!!
    It is very fun and very addictive working with your dog. I know you will continue to enjoy the next class even if training will be difficult since daylight hours are so short. Will you try your hand in the show ring? I think you should. You sound like as a team you and Morgan are really coming together!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Defaultin the show ring???

I think so, at least I would like to. My instructor is really recommending I go that way and I figure that if Morgan is this good at a year old, imagine where he will be next year.