Agility Class

Thread: Agility Class

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultAgility Class

Yesterday was the last class for this session. I set up a hard course, 20 obstacles, many tight turns and hard to get to front crosses, rear crosses, etc. It was definitely a Masters course. And I had my beginner dogs running it. All I can say is ... I was VERY impressed! Some of my students got a little frustrated but I'd make them stop and remind them six weeks ago they had just started some of these dogs. I'm hoping that by keeping up with hard courses and tough challenges for these dogs, they will find Novice very, very easy at their first trials this spring

I really enjoy teaching agility. I love planning courses. Our course yesterday had three sets of serpentines in them. That was my "theme" for the day

Students all love it too. Especially when I make them do things they keep saying... "but my dog doesn't do weaves"... Well guess what people, your dog will do weaves but you have to DO them

We have a great group for our Saturday afternoon classes. It's a lot of fun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Agility Class

Isn't it fun...we always have a course at the end of our intro course..It's fun to see what the can do in a matter of weeks

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    I'm hoping that by keeping up with hard courses and tough challenges for these dogs, they will find Novice very, very easy at their first trials this spring

I am so glad you enjoy teaching. Bet you're good, too!

I do the same with my Rally courses and when my Novice students get into the Novice ring they are amazed they are so easy. Actually all my Rally students tell me the trial courses are so easy cause they are use to what I come up with. Nice feeling, in a way realizing they are so well prepared for the real thing!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Your students are going to love you. Maybe not now, but once they start competing they are going to feel much better prepared.

Each week we work on small but extremely difficult sequences (8-10 obstacles). All of the 6 week class sessions end with a full course or two. I'm planning to have someone tape me this week (our last session of the year) so I can try to figure out what is happening with our weaves in competition.

Your students ARE going to love you ... our first instructor was definitely not the best as far as enthusiasm and level of training goes, but I'm still grateful to her because the challenging sequences in class resulted in a VERY accurate dog who tends to save my butt a lot of the time :P ... and assuming you don't make dogs hate agility, they must really LOVE you ...