My last 2 Novice A shows

Thread: My last 2 Novice A shows

Default My last 2 Novice A shows

Well I am looking forward to my last 2 Novice A shows this weekend. Amber and I have had a great time in the ring for our Novice A classes. We NQ'd in our first 3 shows (she was 7-8 months old) and then I contacted a person to show me how to do Rally and she also showed me how to perform in a ring for Novice and bluntly pointed out everything I was doing wrong and how to fix it. I entered us for a show 2 1/2 weeks later and we were off and running. Amber has had 1 High In Trial 9 first places and 2 second places and 2 NQ's (one of the NQ's was my fault). But more importantly to me than the placements or ribbons is the compliments that I get on what a wonderful happy dog she is in the ring. We have even had judges laughing at Ambers enthusiasm on things like heeling and labramissle recalls. If we don't qualify in either of the trials this weekend I will still consider it a success if Amber wags her tail the entire time she is in the ring like she always does. I am looking forward to Open and will always remember just how great a time Amber and I have had in Novice. There are so many possibilities for Amber she has always done what I have asked of her and done it with a wag and a grin and a bit of a sense of humor. I have been very lucky in my life to have had two truely exceptional labs in my life. I cannot imagine life without a lab.

Kelly and Amber

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: My last 2 Novice A shows

That's great. ;D Glad you're having so much fun and that Amber is doing so well and having fun too. Emilu loved Rally Novice also. I was amzaied at how well she did - better than she does at home or in class. We are working toward Rally Advanced and Novice Obdedience right now. Good luck at your shows!

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Good luck this weekend!!! You've got a great attitude!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Best of luck this weekend. If it's not too difficult, what were you doing wrong and what were you to do to fix it?

Frances

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Good Luck.

Glad you are enjoying yourself! It's so much fun, isn't it? Very rewarding. It's great when you have a good working dog. For me it's great when you can get your slug dog to peform! That's my Huddie! 5 1/2 years, very strong willed and he's got 2 great Rally Novice scores under his belt. One more and we are going to go back to working on our CD.

What an awesome Nov A career! You only get one Nov A dog in your lifetime so it's wonderful when you also have a great dog to share that incredible experience with. ;D

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

As Lydia said, you have only one NoviceA dog, so enjoy! Have fun!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Good luck this weekend and have fun and bring home a few more Q's! I look forward to hearing your Open tales. It's a bit tougher and a lot more fun too