weekend agility results

Thread: weekend agility results

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Defaultweekend agility results

I took Murray to the USDAA agility trial this weekend. We had 1 std run on Sat and we were supposed to run std and jumpers on Sun but everything was running late so we only ran std because we had to go to a concert that night.

We NQd both days but his attention was SO much better. I think I might have my agility dog back. ;D We still have a weave issue but we had that before the attention issue.

Sat we NQd because of me. We had an obstacle discremination between the dog walk and a tunnel. I said "tunnel" but didn't push him out far enough. : Sun we NQd because of him. He refused the weaves once so I put him back in. He then popped out at #8. He had already knocked a jump so I didn't bother going back. I wanted to keep the attitude up.

Sun while we were waiting at the start line, Murray keyed in on some pink surveyors tape that was on the ground blowing in the breeze (it was encircling the extra equipment). He started straining forward and whining. I thought "Great! There goes his attention." I growled "Leave it" and grabbed his scruff for a quick shake (there was someone else on the course at the time so the judge wasn't watching me thankfully). That's all it took. He immediately focused back on the start of the course. ;D I was still slightly concerned about leading out because he would have to run past the pink tape so I ran with him instead. He kept his focus thru most of the course until he popped out of the weaves and ran over to the timer's table but he came back when I called. I'll call it a success. ;D
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: weekend agility results

Lydia, that is wonderful!!!!! Sorry about the NQ's but the positive of the attention makes it ok! Congrats on the success!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Sounds better for Mr. Murray. You can get away with a lot at the start line. The judge rarely looks at you there

Aren't you doing Novice? In novice all you need do is attempt the weaves and you can still Q.

Wait, nevermind, that's AKC. You were showing USDAA. :P I think USDAA is much harder. The courses are more spread out and you have to run them clean and under time to Q even in novice level. Ruger needs a leg in Jumpers and Standard to title in USDAA. In AKC he needs a leg in Standard and Jumpers to move up to Excellent. Go figure.

Keep it up. Murray sounds as butt-headed as Ruger is.

I wish you guys lived closer ;D

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ZRL
    ZRL is offline Senior Member

Are corrections in the ring an automatic disqualification for USDAA like they are in AKC?

I'm assuming so? (since it was done while the judge wasn't watching)
    Zeke RN, agility miscreant and CGC failure

agilityretrievers is offline Senior Member

Glad he's doing better, though I'm sure you can guess how I feel about using harsh corrections around agility obstacles even if no one is looking :

Weave entries and popping out are not faulted in USDAA Novice as long as the poles are successfully completed.

Are corrections in the ring an automatic disqualification for USDAA like they are in AKC?
    Yes ... in all organizations I believe ... I think most of them also technically don't allow corrections on the trial grounds at all, but definitely not in the ring ... but then, rules for start line aren't enforced very much ... I've seen a guy in AKC Excellent pull a treat wrapper out of his pocket to get his dog to focus on the start line, and then put it next to his leash for the leash runner to take to the finish line, ...
    Katie, MACH Dusty NAP OJP AAD EAC OGC OJC RS-E GV-E JS-O CL4-R C-JrH CGC, and Boo AX OAJ

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZRL
    Touching the dog in any venue is an NQ.

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    Aren't you doing Novice? In novice all you need do is attempt the weaves and you can still Q.
    USDAA is actually the one where you can place (but not Q) even if you have faults BUT you still have to complete the course. AKC you have to run clean even for placements.

Quote Originally Posted by raian

I wish you guys lived closer ;D
    Me too!!

Quote Originally Posted by agilityretrievers

Weave entries and popping out are not faulted in USDAA Novice as long as the poles are successfully completed.
    The judge this weekend said that USDAA is changing this. I don't know when...1st of the year maybe?
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

agilityretrievers is offline Senior Member

I haven't heard that but it wouldn't surprise me. They're adding performance pairs the beginning of next year so they might sneak the weave pole bit in there at the same time.
    Katie, MACH Dusty NAP OJP AAD EAC OGC OJC RS-E GV-E JS-O CL4-R C-JrH CGC, and Boo AX OAJ