Thursday and Friday results

Thread: Thursday and Friday results

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

DefaultThursday and Friday results

well we got NQ'ed on Thursday because Amber shifted from one hip to the other during the long sit. Friday we got a second place with a 188 1/2 managing to lose 4 pts on the long sit because Amber did exactly the same thing she did on Thursday Twice!!! the judge only took off 2 pts each time though and did not NQ us?!?! and this Judge was the wife of the judge from Thursday..lol. Then when we did the long down on Friday(today) a Newfie decided to charge her about 1 minute into the down. Amber tucked her tail and flattened her ears and ran! The even worse part was the owner grabbed the Newfie and Amber didn't want to come to me because she thought she was in trouble because she broke her downstay. I had to tell her to sit so I could grab her. The judge Immediately called "exercise finished" and then we all got lined back up though the judge had us move further away from the rest of the dogs. We then immediately did the whole downstay over again, this time without incident. yeah!!! So we now have 51pts for First and Foremost in Novice A. We have one more show this weekend and then on to Open.

Kelly and Amber
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Thursday and Friday results

You NQ'd because she shifted on her hip? WHAT? Did she actually get up? I don't think I'd NQ a dog for this. It's absurd.

She raised up about 2-3 inches to get her leg out from under her and then settled back down. The judge said she wasn't in the sit position so she was NQ'd the next day she did exactly the same thing twice and we lost 2pts for each hip shift. so I am not sure which judge was correct? So I am going to realy work her in not moving at all on moving while sitting to avoid this in the future. I should have asked the AKC rep at the show but I feel kinda intimidated by judges and officials but I guess they are there to help everyone and clarify things.

Kelly and Amber
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

I wonder if the hip shift is a judgement call because Maddy shifts on her hips (don't know exactly how high she raises up) but we have never even lost points...

Big bummer.

But congrats on the other wins though.

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Hip shifting is not enough of a reason to NQ, however, if there was daylight under her that's why she was NQd. I see lots of dog shift hips but they just roll from hip to hip, never lifting their butt off the ground. My guess is the judge the 2nd day had a different vantage point and couldn't see the daylight under the dog and that's why it was just points off on Fri.

I'm glad Amber didn't have any stay issues after the Newf incident. That could have scarred her show career for good.

Congrats on another placement. ;D
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

Yes she did just fine on our second down stay, didn't seem nervous about it at all. I was confident she would stay because we had practiced with alot of distractions including other dogs coming up to her. She is really pretty confident on groups. If only I could get her as confident on the stand for exam. I will have all of Open to build up her confidence with people before we have to do a moving stand in Utility. Just have to make it through the shows this weekend and then we can start training really seriously for Open. I think Open is going to be even more fun than Novice is.

Kelly and Amber

SamIAm is offline Senior Member

CONGRATULATIONS! I always enjoy reading about Amber! Gives me something to work toward......

Frances