When does hearty dedication become

Thread: When does hearty dedication become

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhen does hearty dedication become

obsessive idiocy...LOL..17 degrees this evening and Robbie and I go to agility class...LOL..we are in a horse arena but there is no heat...however we had a great class..

had a course set up with 2 sets of 3 jumps down the middle with a U shaped tunnel at both ends and around the periphery the dog walk and broad jump on one side and the a frame and jump on the other side with the weave poles in between those ... Robbie was doing some great sends to the tunnel... He can work with such great distance...in one seqence we were doing the A frame, jump to tunnel and down the middle 3 jumps tunnel and back up the other side 3 jumps....anyway coming off the aframe I sent him to the jump and tunnel and layered the first 2 jumps of the middle jumps...wooohooooo first time I've ever layered..*G*....Robbie was doing great...Now if we can just get a weave pole entry we'll be ready to enter our first trial...LOL...oh and he's got to be old enough..*G*..

We have had a problem with him running off...horse poop and cat poop are much more interesting than cheese..LOL..but he was much better tonight..only ran off once where he wouldn't come back and I had to go get him..otherwise he came back every time I called.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: When does hearty dedication become

Hey Deb, you can work on a new training treat---horse poop flavored treats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry! That was bad!

You know, I wold probably have gone too so I don't see the problem!!!! :P
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Boys Mom
    Hey Deb, you can work on a new training treat---horse poop flavored treats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry! That was bad!

You know, I wold probably have gone too so I don't see the problem!!!! :P

LOL..can you imagine carrying that around in your pocket...ewwwwwwwwww

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Horse poop flavored treats would be GREAT sellers I'm sure. ;D

I don't think you are crazy. I went to agility training last night. It was in the 40's here and with the wind blowing they said the windchill factor made it seem like the 30's. That's COLD for AZ. Brrrrr.... I still haven't warmed up.

I figure cold is like the Az heat. Here, anything over 100 just doesn't matter anymore. It feels the same. HOT. With cold, I would think anything under freezing will feel the same. COLD. ;D
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I don't think you're crazy. And it sounds like you had a great class. I've never been good at layering. I just don't think outside the box like that... I just have to run the course with my dog. I guess when I get old and my knees begin to go I may start thinking of ways to make it less running for me.

With Robbie I'm going to need every advantage I can get..that little guy is fast..Riley has always been on the very slow side..I rarely do a rear cross with him because I'm always ahead..LOL...and believe me I am not fast or at all atheletic...one of those be careful what you wish for situations..I wanted a dog faster than Riley so we could get to the excellent levels...now I won't be able to keep up with my dog...LOL