Wednesday Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday Results

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

DefaultWednesday Results

Well we just got back from the Beverly Hills Show at Long Beach. We had a 183 1/2 score but still got a first place. We did Ok heeling on leash and figure 8. Then we came apart on the stand for exam!! The judge came over with his clipboard and approached her like a person scared of dogs! he stuck his fingers under the clipboard for her to sniff and then reached over very very slowly to touch her head!! Amber immediately went stiff and tried to get as far away from him as possible without moving her feet. I couldn't believe how hesitant and unsure he was of "examining" a dog!! I returned around her and we then went to the off leash heeling but by then Amber was only watching the judge. And of course this was one of the judges that follows 5 feet behind you so Amber was totally uncertain of him. At least we did manage to get through our first indoor event well enough. Oh well enough whining I just need to really work on proofing her stand. And luckily tomorrow is a different judge.

PS we are now up to 47 first and foremost points for top Novice A dog in the country.

Kelly and Amber
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Wednesday Results

Every judge I had in novice approached the dog slowly. I don't think it's that the judge is afraid of the dog, but the judge is trying to help the dog by not spooking it inadvertantly.

Congrats on your 1st!!! I hope you get the FF award!!! Keeping going ;D

Actually I have checked around and this judge does have a reputation of NQing alot of dogs on the stand for exam. At least one trainer offered him a job Agitating guard dogs because he is such a natural at it...lol oh well now I know not to show under him again for utility or novice.

Kelly and Amber
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

Congrats on the 1st

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Keep up the good work.

I didn't realize that show was indoors. Did it seem to affect Amber at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Kzunell
    *At least one trainer offered him a job Agitating guard dogs because he is such a natural at it...lol
    Now that's funny. ;D
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

No Amber seemed OK with it being indoors, she did seem a bit extra bouncey on the fast but that isn't totally unusual for her. She does seem to enjoy life to the fullest no matter what we are doing or where we are if you know what I mean..

Kelly and Amber

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I just read about "agitating guard dogs". LOL, that's great ;D ;D ;D

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

What are the rules again to win the Top Novice Dog award?

Congrats!!!!!!

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CYNLABS
    What are the rules again to win the Top Novice Dog award?
    Have the most points.

Front and Finish magainze recognizes the top obedience dogs in 2 categories...First & Foremost and Delaney.

First & Foremost points are based on the actual scores your dog receives. Each score between 170 and 200 is worth X points. The higher the score, the more points you receive. It is based only on your score, not on placements, number of dogs defeated etc so people who compete in areas where shows are small can still be recognized if their dog consistantly scores high or shows often.

Delaney points are awarded based on the number of dogs you defeat in a class. For example if there are 20 dogs in the class and you place first, you get 19 pts (19 dogs placed below you). Delaney points are racked up in places that have large classes. If your class only has 3 people and you place first, you only get 2 pts whereas someone else showing the same weekend at a larger show with 20 people will get 19 pts for 1st. If you want Delaney placements and only participate in small shows, you have to show A LOT more than the people with access to the large shows.

In both cases, the dogs with the most points wins (actually the magazine lists the top 4-10 dogs in each breed, group, and overall - it has varied each year). ;D Many clubs use these ratings to recognize the accomplishments of their club members.

By the way, you can be recognized in both categories. ;D
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast