Good Training This Morning - new location

Thread: Good Training This Morning - new location

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultGood Training This Morning - new location

I have vowed to get Ruger to a different location every day this week to practice. This morning we drove to our Town Hall. It's actually the old town hall as the town built a new one. But at the old hall they've fenced in a ball field and along the road. Where the ball field and road meet there is chain link fencing on three sides so I pulled the truck up and set up my gating there (They have a sign up asking you not to use the ball field without permission).

At first things were quiet, but then a big delivery truck went slowly down the road and all the local dogs went on alert. I kept my eyes open for any loose dogs, but all were behind fences, and barking all around us after that... which was EXCELLENT distraction. Ruger went into his "stress" mode and we were able to work through a few things.

I had forgotten to put my jumps in the truck so we only worked on heeling/hand signals, articles and gloves. By the time we did gloves Ruger was quite stressed and it showed in his performance (he pretty much acted like he does at a show) so I was happy we were able to continue working with him in that condition. I can't wait to get my oxyfresh stuff!

A pretty decent training session... he is really thinking and trying even though he's stressing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Good Training This Morning - new location

That sounds like a great session. When is your next show?
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

My next show is Sunday

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Well cool! I didn't realize you had another show so soon.

I just sent off our entry for Dec 9-10. These are the last ob shows this year. I hope the entry makes it. I was waiting to see how we did this past weekend before deciding whether to enter or not.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

After this Sunday my next show will be our club's show the last weekend of January, so I'll have many weeks to haul my yellow-butt boy around to practice

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by raian

I had forgotten to put my jumps in the truck so we only worked on heeling/hand signals, articles and gloves.* By the time we did gloves Ruger was quite stressed and it showed in his performance (he pretty much acted like he does at a show) so I was happy we were able to continue working with him in that condition.*
    THAT IS GREAT!!!! That is what he and Caleb need!!!!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org