Well, it was UGLY but....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, it was UGLY but....

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultWell, it was UGLY but....

we had fun Thought I was gonna say we Q'd??? LOL!

Here's a run down with pictures....

Signals, laggy laggy laggy boy.....

He finally caught up to me on the slow part of the exercise.

I did not give him a verbal "heel" because I figured we were still quing at this point. Ha Ha. I shoulda just pulled him along by his ears. He did the down portion of signals, but not the sit. So I verbally corrected him on a second signal. Pressure off as we NQ'd off the bat.

Scent articles. The first one was beautiful, he really worked the pile with a nice attitude...

And he brought back the correct article.

The second article, bless his heart, he worked EVERY article except the correct one (it was set at about five o'clock if it were a clock face and he just missed it because he began working the pile to the left of it (at six o'clock) went around clockwise to the four position and I could tell he was getting worried at this point and he just took the wrong one.

Gloves. We got the easy glove, #2... he had a lousy pivot, he was kinda twisted behind me, but I knew it didn't matter and he'd get the glove. I sent him, he ran straight for it, stopped, bent down and even touched it and then brought his head up part way and just forgot what he was doing. I corrected him and told him to "take it" and the ole light bulb went off and he smiled, grabbed the glove and brought it back.

Stand for exam, the one exercise he's never faltered on... and what's he do... he keeps walking with me when I left him! Although I do think it was my fault because at this point... I can't say I was flustered... but I wasn't thinking clearly anymore, LOL. I had to double command him on the stay, but he did stay then even though this picture of the judge looks like the judge is a "monster gonna get you!!!". Finished to heel with no problem.

Yep, it truly is FUTILITY, but we did have fun and we'll just go next weekend and have fun with it again, what else can we do at this point. I will be ordering some of the oxyfresh stuff to see if that helps his stress level. He really slows down and gets laggy when he stresses. I'd love him to be up, up UP. Maybe I could give him speed? LOL

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Well, it was UGLY but....

I just want to add, the judge was WONDERFUL. He was funny and upbeat and really nice. Howard Glatstein ... if you ever show under him, he's great!!!

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Sounds like you had some positives coming out of the ring. We'll be cheering you on next weekend!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

I have been checking all afternoon. Lew, Caleb and I went to the park for a hike since it is in the 60's here in Ohio in November! Sorry you didn't Q!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

Glad you two had fun! I'm sure that first utility Q is right around the corner Thanks for sharing the pictures too!

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

patm is offline Senior Member

Oh Linda! The story, along with the pictures is priceless. It is just so interesting to watch other dogs do this kind of stuff. You wonder what in the world is going though their heads. Glad you had fun It will happen!

SamIAm is offline Senior Member

Sorry you didn't q, but I LOVE the pictures! He's so pretty!!!!!

Frances

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

I'd say "not too shabby for a first time out." ;D It sounds like you had fun and even though Ruger was stressed, he continued working so that's a really good thing. Don't worry it will come.

Loved the photo of the judge and MS. ;D
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

Ruger is really a good dog and I know he can do this. It's frustrating :-[

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    Ruger is really a good dog and I know he can do this.* It's frustrating* :-[
    Yes, it is!!! But, that is why not everyone has an UD. BUT, when it comes together in the ring, it is oh so sweet!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast