Sat results - it wasn't pretty
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sat results - it wasn't pretty

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultSat results - it wasn't pretty

but it was GREEN!!!! We Qd in Utility!!!!

Meghan and Essy finished their Rally Advanced title with a 94 and 2nd place too.* Murray also was much more focused in agility so it was a really good day all around.* ;D

Obedience results -* This was a tough scoring judge.* I knew that going in so I wasn't expecting much.* We lost 11 1/2 pts on heeling and signals. * Murray was still a little laggy but not like he has been.* His down signal was perfect.* On the sit signal, he popped up to a crouched sit but his butt wasn't touching the ground.* Recall was very nice and so was his finish.* We lost 1 1/2 pts on the first article.* I'm assuming for a crooked sit.* We lost 2 pts on the second article because Murray picked up the correct article, then put it back down in the pile to recheck.* Hey...at least he's thorough.* * (I know this is a confidence issue.)* We got glove #2 today.* ;D* We lost 2 pts.* I'm assuming its either for a crooked finish or because Murray was standing on the glove when he tried to pick it up.* :* We lost 4 pts on the moving stand.* Murray stopped immediately (no extra steps).* He didn't move a foot or flinch a muscle for the exam but he walked...all...the...way...in for the return to heel.* :* He was fast and straight for the go outs but he laid down both times so we lost 5 pts.

Friends outside the ring said I actually looked disappointed when the judge told us we qualified.* I said "No.* I was in shock!" Actually when the judge told me we Q'd, I told her I thought we NQd on the sit signal.* She said "He responded immediately to the signal, he changed positions to a crouched sit.* You qualified."* I decided not to argue and call it a gift.* My friend was stewarding UB yesterday and she said she saw lots of "gifts" (mostly double commands on signals).* I didn't feel so guilty then. The UA judge also allowed another exhibitor to take her dog back in the ring to jump the High because he crashed it hard during competition. She said she didn't want him to be afraid tomorrow. The exhibitor said "I didn't think that was allowed" but the judge said "my ring, my rules."

There were 2 qualifiers out of 9.* First place got 180 and we took 2nd with a 174.*

Agility also went well.* Both judges were so nice and so accommodating when I told them we had a conflict with the utility ring.* That took a lot of pressure off me.*They were running tall to small so I knew we were going to be running around like crazy. We did Utility, I walked JWW, I went back in for Utility awards, changed shoes and ran JWW in my obedience clothes, walked Std, finally changed into shorts, then ran std.* This all occurred between noon and 1pm.* Thankfully my set up is centrally located between the obedience and agility rings or this never would have worked.

Murray was much more focused in agility today.* On the Jumpers run we had a beautiful run going until I pulled up short at the last jump and Murray dropped the bar.* Bad handler.* Bad, bad handler.* >* My trainer said "that weave entrance was tough but Murray had no problem with it.* I just don't get it."* Me either but I'm not going to question it. * On standard, we had another beautiful run going then he missed the weave entrance when he got distracted.* I thought "crap...here we go again" but I got him back into them in one try then he had to take a hard 90 degree left turn to a jump and another hard 90 degree left turn to the dog walk (basically 180 degrees from weaves right back to the dogwalk).* He dropped the bar.* I think I turned before he was committed to the bar.* His running contacts were spot on.* He was focused and running much more like his ol' self. THIS is my agility dog.* ;D I have no idea who that other dog is that I've been running lately.

Part of me wonders if having down time between events allows Murray's mind to wander to much.* Running from ring to ring, switching gears in mid stream seemed to work much better for him today.* I have the same scenario tomorrow.* We'll see how it goes then.

I do think that the stress relief stuff is working.* I haven't seen this type of attitude from Murray in a really long time.* That's the only thing that has changed recently.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Sat results - it wasn't pretty

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU FIRST UTILITY LEG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

Very, very well done!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ZRL
    ZRL is offline Senior Member

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D ;D
    Zeke RN, agility miscreant and CGC failure

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Congratulations on that Green ribbon !!!!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

patm is offline Senior Member

CONGRATS!!!!!* I'm so HAPPY for you guys!!!

agilityretrievers is offline Senior Member

Congrats! Glad he's doing better!

Maybe having less down time between runs means YOU have less time to worry ;D
    Katie, MACH Dusty NAP OJP AAD EAC OGC OJC RS-E GV-E JS-O CL4-R C-JrH CGC, and Boo AX OAJ

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Congrats to Meghan and Essy on their RA title!!! ;D
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

WOOHOO!!! I am so pleased to read this!!! Give that boy hugs, and good job to you too! You sound so much better too.. .I'm glad. I've been thinking about you lately and haven't wanted to see you throw in the towel

I just ordered the stress stuff for Ruger. We've got to try something as training is going great, but in the ring he just falls flat on his face and it is discouraging because it's hard to train for that!

Awesome to read your news. I'm proud of you guys!!!

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

Congrats to you both!! Glad the supplement is helping him

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast