Fairly bad show day

Thread: Fairly bad show day

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultFairly bad show day

Emilu and I were in our first show of the year in Columbus. She was in Rally for another RAE leg and then Obedience, Novice B to try to get her ring attitude better before attempting Open again. She did "OK" in rally - 97 in Advanced and 92 in Excellent (she was lagging so badly she actually went on the other side of a cone and I had to retry) I am finding that in the "B" classes , a 97 does not get in the ribbons! But Novice was a different story - but that time we had been there most of the day, and she was just about falling asleep. Her heeling was atrocious and on her recall, she walked ever so very slowly back to me - I swore that if she had stopped I was just going to leave her there in the ring and go home! Of course her sits and downs were good - my main worry was that she might go down on a sit because she was so sleepy. 1 minutes and 3 minutes just flew by after practicing for Open! I also had to give her a second command to "stand" in SFE, and thought that would NQ us, but apparently it's OK to do that cuz we actually squeeked by with a grand 170.5!!!! I truely am not sure what I am going to do with her... One good note (very good acutally) was that I heard not even one little rumble from her in dog reactivity. She is still being very friendly (too friendly) to all big dogs, and just glancing at small dogs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

no reactivity is actually huge Pat
    I'm sorry she was sleepy and slow for you but it sounds like she got the job done.. kind of
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

That's the pits when they stress on you. I've got one here who had very nice scores for her CD before she was 2yo, is 1Q shy of her CDX-- same thing. I pretty much need a cool day, (possibly even rainy/icky), oh and cute male judge w/a nice smile for her. She gets uptight otherwise! I'm likely waiting until after she's spayed to see if that helps bring her out of her softness funk. Anne

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

That is wonderful that she didn't react to any other dog. Sorry about the bad Novice run.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

A Q is a Q! I think it's great. Sounds overall like a pretty good weekend to me

agilitymom is offline Senior Member

A Q and no dog reactivity a weekend filled with success!

patm is offline Senior Member

I'm the first one to say that a "Q is a Q", but she already has her CD, we dropped back from Open so she wouldn't keep failing in Open and get some success back in the obedience ring . Her title scores were in the low 190's, the 170 was a gift from the judge, so my thought of getting her success in the ring didn't really work out.

kaytris is offline Senior Member

woohoo for the non-reactivity.. that's a HUGE Personal Q! good girl emilu