I Get So Excited

Thread: I Get So Excited

Mom2Rowdy is offline Member

DefaultI Get So Excited

I really think I need medication.

We do mostly APDT Rally (don't want anyone to misunderstand). They have changed the some of the signs mostly the Bonus signs. In Level 1 they have added a Front-Side Step. I was freaking out, we have a hard time doing Sit-Side Step-Sit at heel let alone in front of me. I don't know how we did it but all of a sudden it just happened. We did it 5 times in a row beautifully.

We celebrated than I just started to cry. I was so happy and excited I just lost it. I have never been a crier but there is something about doing something with my dog that just brings out Raw Emotions in me.

Please tell me I am not going nuts, I mean, I can't be the only one who gets emotional about training - Please.

<br /><br />Rowdy RL1, EVBB Donor

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I Get So Excited

Don't worry. I get really excited when I see the light bulb go on too. ;D

I'm not familar with ADPT rally. So the dog is the front position facing you then side steps with you? That sounds sort of like working on fronts (you step sideways, back left, back right whatever direction and ask the dog to front). It's a really good exercise for getting straight fronts from any direction. They don't have that exercise in AKC but it would be a good one.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Ummm, yep, you're nuts

Can't say I've ever cried during training. I've never cried about any accomplishment with my dogs. I get excited. I get elated. I've even gotten angry a time or two, but nope, I've not cried.

I have become utterly speechless. When Magnum actually did the Gamble at our last trial, I stopped dead in my tracks, my mouth hanging open in surprise for a good couple of seconds. People on the rail said the look on my face was priceless.. then my brain engaged and I started running the course again.

But go ahead and cry, if that's your thing. Nothing wrong with it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mom2Rowdy is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottnlabs
    Don't worry.* I get really excited when I see the light bulb go on too.* ;D

I'm not familar with ADPT rally.* So the dog is the front position facing you then side steps with you?* That sounds sort of like working on fronts (you step sideways, back left, back right whatever direction and ask the dog to front).* It's a really good exercise for getting straight fronts from any direction. They don't have that exercise in AKC but it would be a good one.
    Yes it is like working on fronts all parts of the dog (front & back) are supposed to move together.

We were have a hard time doing all side stepping - he just would not do it. It was always nose then rear, but then he just got it. Front & Back feet at the same time. I had to get DD to come out and confirm it. I thought maybe I was just seeing things.

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    Ummm, yep, you're nuts

Can't say I've ever cried during training. I've never cried about any accomplishment with my dogs. I get excited. I get elated. I've even gotten angry a time or two, but nope, I've not cried.

I have become utterly speechless. When Magnum actually did the Gamble at our last trial, I stopped dead in my tracks, my mouth hanging open in surprise for a good couple of seconds. People on the rail said the look on my face was priceless.. then my brain engaged and I started running the course again.

But go ahead and cry, if that's your thing. Nothing wrong with it.
    Well, that is just it Crying is NOT my thing. I am NOT an emotional person. And I don't like it!!
    <br /><br />Rowdy RL1, EVBB Donor

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Yep, you're crazy and hooked!!! I can't say I have cried in training but I have when we have done a great job in the ring!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

patm is offline Senior Member

Can't say I've ever cried during training, but I've cried plenty of times AFTER training when we first went to our present instructor