WE DID IT!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WE DID IT!!!!!!

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultWE DID IT!!!!!!

Kona and I were the only Utility A qualifiers this am with a 188. We took 3rd in Rally Excellant B with a 100 score.

Break down of Utility score:

Signals 2
    Article 1 1/2
    Article 2 1
    Directed Retrieve 4
    Moving Stand 0
    Directed jumping 4 1/2

DR Kona almost didn't pivot with me ......... very slow. Had glove #1. Got distracted on the return and went wide before coming to me.

Article 2 picked up the correct one, put it down, checked another one and came back to the correct one.

DJ Go outs were straighter and across the ring. Still not straight down the middle. I held my signal too long on the first jump.

Wish us luck tomorrow!!

the judge, Patrick Shelmadine, has competed in field trials at Rebel Ridge (a farm near us ......... I marshalled a hunt test there last year). He was asking if I did any field work with Kona. He breeds Goldens.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: WE DID IT!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

OMG!!! I am literally jumping for joy here!!!!!

I'm so PROUD of you and Kona. What a wonderful accomplishment. Now I'm more determined and excited for next weekend to come.

Good luck tomorrow... bring home that 2nd leg!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ZRL
    ZRL is offline Senior Member

AWESOME!
    Zeke RN, agility miscreant and CGC failure

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Woohoo!!! Congrats!!! That's so awesome!! Our first JL utility qualifier. ;D The score's not too shabby either. I'm very proud of you both. Oh, the perfect score in Rally is awesome too but Utility Q...Woohoo!!!!!

I wanted to warn you about the DR. You can be NQd if the dog doesn't pivot correctly and/or go directly (straight line) to the gloves. They have been discussing this issue ad naseum on another obedience list I belong to. Personally I thought it was a bit harsh. I mean if the dog gets the right glove, what difference does it make "how" he gets there?

Ch5 Sec 10. The principle features of the exercise are that the dog stay until directed to retrieve and that it go directly to the designated glove and retrieve it promptly.

Ch5 Sec 11. A non-qualifying (NQ) score is required for any commands or signals to position the dog after the handler turns to face the glove, for a dog that does not go directly to the designated glove, or for a dog that does not retrieve the correct glove.

A substantial deduction, depending on the extent of the infraction, will be made for a handler who does not turn in place or does not face the designated glove. The substantial deduction may include a non-qualifying (NQ) score.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

patm is offline Senior Member

Wonderful!!!!! So proud of you two!!!!

lcspt is offline Senior Member

I wanted to warn you about the DR. You can be NQd if the dog doesn't pivot correctly and/or go directly (straight line) to the gloves.
    Thanks for the heads up. The last time he didn't sit on the pivot to glove 3 and ended up NQ'ing by taking glove 2!! He is trying to make me crazy with this exercise. : We worked pivots alot last night but didn't right before going in the ring. He does go straight to the glove but didn't on the return. We were supposed to be dog#6 in the ring but only one other person had picked up (first dog) and we ended up 2nd in the ring. Others just trickled in .... not sure why ...... we start later tomorrow.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Wow! Good for you guys! ;D Way to go!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Congrats!!!!! What a great accomplishment. I can't even imagine being at that level.

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by lcspt
    The last time he didn't sit on the pivot to glove 3 and ended up NQ'ing by taking glove 2!!
    The no sit is just points since it isn't a principle part of the exercise. ;D
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast