Zeke's first agility trial - results UPDATED FOR SUNDAY

Thread: Zeke's first agility trial - results UPDATED FOR SUNDAY

ZRL
    ZRL is offline Senior Member

DefaultZeke's first agility trial - results UPDATED FOR SUNDAY

0/3.*

However.....he actually did decently.* He hasn't run a full course since mid- AUGUST.* So, he's used to small sequences....he consistently got 3/4 done with the course (did it PERFECTLY too) but then he thought he was done and stopped listening.* I need to think of a way to practice longer courses at home, even with my extremely limited amount of equipment (4jumps, a tunnel, weaves).*

Jumpers - got to obstacle 11/17 with no faults.* Then got a little crazy and left the ring.*

Standard/Regular - got to obstacle 7, which was ACTUALLY *really* good.* I was feeling SO sick.* Fever, my legs were weak and shaky, my hands were shaking, my voice was weak and shaky....so, I was happy he even made it that far.* Then he went around sniffing, so I pulled him.

Tunnelers - we ran FAST and he was GREAT....actually on track for a placement!* But.....on the 8th-ish tunnel he missed the entry because he was so excited, so he ended up off course and so I had to call him back he looped around a bit and came back but he wasn't "there" and after that he wne toff course again and totally ignored me and started sniffing again.* I caught him when he tried to mark the ring gating* :

ETA: the sickness was not due to nerves, for once I was NOT nervous* .* I've just been sick all week and I was running on an empty stomach and very little sleep.*

---------------Sunday's Update------------------

Still no Qs. It was raining and cold and wet and Zeke refused to even sit for his start-line stay....he hates getting his butt cold :P. Never even got to the first obstacle...he just turned around and ran right back out the gate.

He did better in tunnelers though. I didn't lose him until a tight turn....he missed the turn and just kept going, then he started shutting down again and just trotted around the ring with his ears back looking nervous. We just need to make it to a few matches or show-n-gos, though, and I think we can pull it together.
    Zeke RN, agility miscreant and CGC failure

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Zeke's first agility trial - results

Sounds pretty good...can you set your obstacles up at home so that there is no real start or end..just keep going until you've done each obstacle several times.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Sorry you were sick, but it sounds like Zeke had a lot of fun! You do have enough equipment to run longer courses at home, just add loops in there (repeat stuff) and you'll be up to 12 or 18 obstacles in no time at all!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Sounds like things are coming along.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

ZRL
    ZRL is offline Senior Member

One dog ran the entire jumpers course in 17.5 seconds (17 obstacles)
    Zeke RN, agility miscreant and CGC failure

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Zeke's first agility trial - results UPDATED FOR SUNDAY

That sucks that you weren't feeling well. I hope you are feeling better today. I'm sure Zeke could feel that you were not yourself and that's why he checked out. I'm sure he will do better once you are feeling better.

Tunnelers is tough but it is probably Murray's most favorite course because it is FAST! We haven't had a tunnelers course around here in ages. We just need 1 more leg to finish our title.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Zeke's first agility trial - results UPDATED FOR SUNDAY

Tomorrow is another day, and it will all come together. Sorry you were not feeling well!
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)