Utility Run-Thru

Thread: Utility Run-Thru

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultUtility Run-Thru

Went to a run-thru last night and over all it went really well. We were the last team to run so there was an open ring and I went and began doing some drills before we actually went in the ring. Left him on a signal stand and walked away and the lady outside the ring said he was walking. WHOO HOO!! CAUGHT HIM! Worked on that. Did some go-outs.

We got called into the ring and the man running us thru was a judge for quite sometime so I explained some of what we are working on. Right on cue, Caleb walked on the signal when I left him and I got to correct again! YES! After that he did great on signals.

Articles, Dennis did a lot more proofing like standing over the pile, walking all round it and Caleb did fine. He also did some proofing on the gloves and he did well.

Moviing Stand--he didn't walk but he did move on the stand but we worked until he stayed just perfect!

Go-outs--it was butt-tuck frenzy time! Caleb was having a blast but I got him back and he did the go-outs well with turning and sitting just fine. He did go on Dennis' command for the jump rather than mine but we worked through that as well.

All in all, it was a really good work session. I still think I'll wait until spring to put him back out in Utility.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Utility Run-Thru

Keep up the good training. It helps so much to be able to correct them in a ring situation. Sounds like things went well other than his walking on signals and his butt tuck.

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    his butt tuck.*

That one show he was almost ready to take off on one of those!!! He is such a hoot!
    Susan

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

I fixed Murray's walking in on the signals and moving stand by keeping a leash on him. As the "judge" asked me to "stand my dog" (or leave my dog), I simply tossed the leash behind me (still connected to the dog's collar). You could also just let him drag a long line behind him. Anyway, have the "judge" stand on the lead. Then when the dog starts walking in he corrects himself. Worked like a charm for us.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

Quote Originally Posted by rottnlabs
    I fixed Murray's walking in on the signals and moving stand by keeping a leash on him.* As the "judge" asked me to "stand my dog" (or leave my dog), I simply tossed the leash behind me (still connected to the dog's collar).* You could also just let him drag a long line behind him.* Anyway, have the "judge" stand on the lead.* Then when the dog starts walking in he corrects himself.* Worked like a charm for us.
    Yep, done that!!!!
    Susan

www.labmed.org