WOOHOO (utility)

Thread: WOOHOO (utility)

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultWOOHOO (utility)

Okay I'm very very VERY pleased with the boy today. I decided to work him through everything first just to get the order of the exercises down... for him and for me. OMG, he was on, on, ON. If it had been a trial we would have Q'd no problem. Everything was beautiful. The only problem we had was a bit laggy/wide on heeling, which is pretty normal for him and we are continuing to strive to fix this... but it was definitely qualifying. Signals, scent articles, stand for exam, gloves, and go-outs/directed jumping all perfect. Man, when he works like this I just love him ;D ;D ;D

We had distraction of my two horses today... about five feet from the ring gating, watching Ru do his go-outs and his gloves. Gandy was hanging her head over the fence and whinnied at me when Ru went out for glove #1. He paused, looked at her, but then took the glove and came right in to me!!!

Ok, we weren't perfect... about 50% of his fronts were crooked, but I'll take them at this point

Just had to share. I'm excited today. I know tomorrow it will all fall apart again, but gosh, when it all works it's wonderful ;D

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: WOOHOO (utility)

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    when it all works it's wonderful* ;D
    Yes it is! ;D

The hardest thing about Utility for me is that the dog is perfect one day, then the very next day the dog will look at you like he's never seen you before in his life. :

Have you taken this show on the road yet? I know you are spoiled because you get to train in your own backyard all the time. Since you have a trial coming up, make sure you take Ruger many different places and put him thru his paces. That is when things really start to break down. Go outs can be particularly interesting when there is something else in the background they are marking (a tree, light post, garbage can). Signals and moving stand can fall apart because the dog follows you in because they lack confidence to stay put.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I do generally work him in my backyard, but I set the gating up in different locations there so he's never going out to the same area. Also I do work with another club member and we meet at different local parks and schools to practice. This is all outside. There are no indoor places for me to work.

I need to get him out the next couple of weekends for sure. Our debut is Sunday Nov 26th. And then again Sunday, Dec 2 or 3 (can't remember which day is Sunday). The Nov show is indoors. The Dec show is outdoors.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Definately take it on the road.* Caleb works great at my building but falls apart in the actual ring.* We're going up to my friend's in Cleveland tomorrow to work in her kennel area for another place.* It is so sweet when it comes together!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

patm is offline Senior Member

;D ;D ;D