Fix one thing, break another (Utility)

Thread: Fix one thing, break another (Utility)

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultFix one thing, break another (Utility)

Ruger is really starting to do well on his go outs. I believe he is understanding that he must go out there as many times as I send him and that is part of the game. Previously he was going out happily for the first one, and then going about halfway out half-heartedly for the second and looking back at me as if he were in trouble.

Now he's happily running out all the time but after the first time... he runs to the left corner ??? ??? ??? ??? I mean, what is up with that and why did he suddenly start doing it? I haven't a clue.

On step forward, three steps back. I don't know if this will ever come together

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Fix one thing, break another (Utility)

Yep, you're training Utility!!!! Getting that concept of straight is so very hard!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Are you doing go outs after gloves?* Is he going to the corner where the glove was?* That is the most typical green dog scenario.

A training buddy gave me an insightful tip for go outs. Murray was also not going out far enough on his 2nd go out so I would walk towards him and tell him "go touch" again and he would go back where he was supposed to be. She said I have successfully trained him to only go out part way on the 2nd go out and wait for a 2nd command. > The remedy, I go out to him, grab his collar, and forcibly take him (even if he wants to go willingly) to the go out post while saying "go out."
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Nope, we weren't doing gloves yesterday when we worked go-out. We only worked go-outs. Read my post titled WOOHOO for today's scenario