Janet Lewis Seminar - Questions

Thread: Janet Lewis Seminar - Questions

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultJanet Lewis Seminar - Questions

First of all: Anyone heard of her? Met her? Attended a seminar?

Secondly, I have an opportunity to attend one of her seminars, hosted by our club, around the first of December. Our VP has just about talked me into taking a working slot. Members get a big discount. My question is, it is from 9-4 Saturday and Sunday. We're only doing one day. But isn't that an awful long time for Angus to just "hang out" somewhere? I mean, he has a crate down there, but I don't know how relaxed he'll be at the club.

Our VP says that you only work with them for maybe 5-10 minutes at a time, then back in the crate. So...is it really worth it to pay the extra for a working slot?

I know some of you have attended oodles of these. Please give me your thoughts, let me know about your experiences. TIA!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Janet Lewis Seminar - Questions

It depends on my particular issue at the time. I usually just take audit spots unless there is some specific issue I need to work on.

You will get tons of info just by watching but of course its always great to be able to apply what you just heard right then and there.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

lcspt is offline Senior Member

I attended a seminar given by Janet ........... she does alot of positive training and shaping. Kona is used to being in a crate at our building for exended periods of time and does well just chilling in the crate. She answers questions as she is going over things and explains why she trains in a certain manner. She has a psychology background. I have actually shown under her in Open.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Cool Linda! I'm happy to hear you have been to one of her seminars. I like that she has a pyschology background.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I would do it. If you get a big discount, by all means do it. Angus will need to get used to being crated in strange locations if you plan on doing any serious showing. Magnum and Ruger often just go to sleep in their crates at shows. Take a blanket with you to cover his crate, that way he will be less distracted in there and more likely to relax and snooze.