Going on a Novice A Tour
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going on a Novice A Tour

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

DefaultGoing on a Novice A Tour

Well I have decided to see if Amber and I can become the top Novice A Obedience team for 2006 based on the First and Foremost Rating System. The trick is that once you get your CD title you only have 60 days in which to compete in Novice A before you get moved to Novice B. We got our CD on October 21st which means our time is up on December 19th. So I entered every show I could get to in that time. I was already entered in a few shows just for fun so here is my upcoming schedule, I hope to see some of you at these shows if you can.

November 11th and 12th Palmdale California High Dessert Lab Ret. Club HDLRC lab Specialty
    November 24th Buckeye Arizona lab Specialty
    November 25th and 26th Buckeye Arizona All Breed
    November 29th and 30th Long Beach California All Breed
    December 1st Long Beach California All Breed
    December 2nd Long Beach California AKC National (Just watching and dreaming)
    December 9th and 10th Van Nuys California Obedience Club Specialty

10 shows in 30 days!! This seems pretty wild to me but friends have urged me on and since this is the only Novice A dog I will ever have this is my only chance to do it. (once you have titled a dog in Obedience you have to compete in Novice B) So I am going to embark on a great adventure with my wonderful dog. And yes Amber is a way better dog than I am a handler or trainer!!

Kelly G and Amber
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Going on a Novice A Tour

Good luck, Kelly! ;D I will be competing with you in Novice A this weekend, but it will be our first "real" show and certainly won't be a pretty sight after Libby just had a month off due to lameness issues with her elbow dysplasia (she somehow tweaked her left elbow in the pool one weekend, probably from leaping in).

If you get highest scoring labrador in obedience, you'll win a fantastic obedience trophy! I'll be standing ringside (as long as I'm not in the conformation ring- it is going to be Crazy with a capital "C!") cheering you on!!!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Good Luck. ;D I never knew about this stuff when I showed Novice A. Never even heard of Front and Finish. It's nice that you knew people who knew about it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Do well Kelly! When I was in Novice A Front and Finish did not have the Novice A ratings!!! Go for it!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

Good luck! It looks like you'll be busy!

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Good luck!* We'll be at the Lab specialty and Sahuaro series in Buckeye.* We'll be the dejected looking team in Utility A.* I'll have my canopy there so you are welcome to set up with us if you want so you don't have to drag a bunch of extra stuff to AZ.

Murray was the #3 Nov A Lab for First and Foremost in 2004.* ;D* I have that goal for Essy and my daughter.* I decided to hold them out of obedience until Jan but now I have to wait and worry about when Essy will come into heat.* If she comes into heat in Jan or Feb we will have to wait until next fall to try again.* I'm praying she starts in Dec.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Kelly, you should consider talking to Laurie Aggas in the LRCSC, every year a group from the club competes in the Annual Top Dog Competition held by the So Cal Dog Obedience Council (http://www.scdoc.org/index.htm). You guys are doing so well that you would be an excellent candidate to work with the team.

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

Il will see you this weekend CaliforniaLabLover You will know me cause I will be the guy shaking and hyperventilating when I come out of the ring. And I will see the Arizona gang in Buckeye. I should have tried out for the LRCSC team this year but I was totally scared I would let the team down (at the time I had only been to 1 or 2 shows where I qualified and 3 shows where we fell apart. I will try out next year probably in Open. I do love the "Front and Finish" magazine it is really a great help to me as a newbie. And thanks to everyone for your support.

Kelly and Amber
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

I'll see you there...and we'll definitely have a ton of room under the EZ Ups, either the club or our own personal set-ups, for you to share with us if you want!

There are only 3 people (you, myself, and someone else) in Novice A...it should be fun, so don't stress too much, okay? I think what is going to stress me the most (since I'm not expecting a qualifying score after not practicing at all- just doing it to have both dogs with me and to support the club!) is trying to get back and forth between obedience and conformation classes with the two different dogs. Novice is going first, and so is the group of conformation/sweeps classes I'm going to have Monty in. Oh well...one can only try, and I've been assured that this is going to be extremely relaxed, and they'll be holding classes accordingly for conflicts and so forth. Gosh...something more to stress about...I hope Libby doesn't get up during her sit/down-stays and bug the other dogs! She hasn't done it before, but with Libby, there's always a first!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

patm is offline Senior Member

Sounds like a plan Good Luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast