One year ago!!

Thread: One year ago!!

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

DefaultOne year ago!!

One year ago I walked into a ring for the very first time. I had with me a little yellow lab puppy not quite 7 months old. I had taken her to a single ten week long obedience class that ended a week before the show. I went and watched a single obedience trial about three months earlier and was taken with how all the dogs performed.
    Well our first show was a disaster!! But we did manage to only lose 22 pts on our individual novice exercises and got called back for the groups!!! we made it through the one minute sit barely...and then I went back to get ready for the long down...I said down and she went down and popped right back up I said down again and she just sat there and looked at me. I reached down to take her collar and encourage her into the down position and she was off like a shot....She lapped the ring and proceded to stay just out of reach of everybody there. I called her and she would come close to me until I would reach for her collar then she would run around the ring again and again.. we held up the ring for about 5 minutes till I got lucky and caught here collar by a single finger.
    The judge excused us rather nicely and asked me to stay around after the show.. I felt like I was being sent to the principles office!!! It turned out that after the awards he wanted to go over everyones scores and tell us all what we needed to work on. He told me that everyone had been rooting for Amber and I as we were one of the youngest dogs he had ever judged. He told me we had done far better than anyone had expected and that I really needed to wait till Amber was more mature. And he also told me all the mistakes I made as a handler. I don't remember them all as the list was quite long.. He also told me not to worry about our holding up of the ring as no one would remember it in the times to come..he was almost right noone remembers it but me...lol. I can't believe how much better we have gotten in this last year and how much Amber has matured. I owe alot of thanks to alot of people and have told them so. I also owe thanks to everyone on this board that has helped me and listened to me and just congatulated me.. Thank You Everyone!!!!!

Kelly and Amber
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: One year ago!!

I'm glad you have hung in there! A lot of people would have quit right there and then. Glad things have progressed for you! Yep, continue to hang in there! Each level will have those moments of "haning in there"! And you are right, you are probably the only one who remembers that!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

patm is offline Senior Member

Good for you! It is amazing how fast time flies .

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Congrats, you guys have come a lont way. I remember the first time I saw Amber. I think she had just gotten a cast of her leg? You guys came out to one of the LRCSC hunt practice days...I think Spring of 2005. You guys make a great team.

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

yep that was actually fall of 2005 she was born on April 13th 2005 the same day I had to put my first and only dog down due to cancer of the esophagus. I didn't realize that she was born the day Triscoll died until I went to register her with the AKC. And Amber is the complete opposite of whatTriscoll was.
    On a brighter note I competed today at the same show that I did so badly at last year and got a 197!!! in Novice A Obedience. I now have 23 first and foremost points and am considering going to a ton of shows (10 more) before my 60 days of Novice A eligibility expires (I got my CD on October 21st). I could with luck end up as the top Novice A "all breed" dog in the country if I do well enough, or maybe top Lab in Novice A in the country. I think I am going to try as this is the only dog and time I will be in Novice A.

Kelly and Amber
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />