Ring dress?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ring dress?

SamIAm is offline Senior Member

DefaultRing dress?

Is there a standard of some sort about what is appropriate to wear? I know I can't take treats etc. But can I wear a shirt with pockets?

What are you SUPPOSED to wear?

Frances

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Ring dress?

Most people doing obedience/rally wear pants (as opposed to conformation where some women wear skirts). I've heard it recommended that you match the color of your pants to your dog's coat color. Some think that it can make the imperfections look better, some don't think so. But I matched my pants to Scotty's color if not for masking imperfections but for not looking sloppy because I was covered with dog hair.

I think you can wear a shirt with pockets; just don't forget to take the treats out of the pockets. Wear comfy shoes, too.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Wear something like Dockers or nice jeans. I have some nice jeans I save just for when I show in obedience or Rally. You cannot wear a top that advertises an obedience club, obedience event, etc.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I always try to dress nicely. I don't wear blue jeans but will wear khaki's. I just come from the "old school" and feel it's appropriate to dress nicely since the judges have to dress nicely as well. I do NOT like to see people in old jeans and t-shirts in the ring... looks very unprofessional.

Yes, you can wear a shirt with pockets

Also, wear something you might like your picture taken in, because if you get a ribbon you will definitely want your picture ;D

SamIAm is offline Senior Member

Ribbon? What do you get ribbons for? The top three scores?

I have just a few goals:

1) I want to qualify.
    2) I want to come out of the ring in pretty much the same shape I went in: no heart attacks or strokes.
    3) I want Sam to not break away and leap over into the neighboring ring to visit the pretty dog over there.
    4) I want to not get dizzy and fall down among the spiral cones.
    5) I want to not get lost and wander endlessly among the signs, until someone comes and leads me out.

Seriously I do appreciate the good thoughts and the good advice.

Frances

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

I usually try to wear something somewhat decent in case of a photo. I used to match the pants but I hate having to change if I in the breed ring and the obedience ring, so I usually wear khaki pants most of the time.

) I want to come out of the ring in pretty much the same shape I went in: no heart attacks or strokes.
    I'm laughing outloud at this one. It just really struck me as funny. You're silly! ;D ;D ;D

And speaking of dying in the ring... no joke... two years ago a judge died in the breed ring at our trial in January. It was pretty awful. They could not revive him.

But you know, what a way to go... doing something you really enjoy.

I'm sure this won't happen to you

patm is offline Senior Member

For my first show (Rally) I wore a nice pair of jeans and my "dog blouse" (nice blouse with doggypaws down the front). Then someone said that you shouldn't wear jeans in the ring to show respect for the judge. So I started wearing kahkis and a nice top. I think that jeans are fine for Rally, but I'll probably just keep wearing kahkis because I feel that I represent the club too (even though I'm not a member yet) and they don't wear jeans.

labby is offline Senior Member

Today I wore a nice pair of windpants with a turtleneck and vest. Oh and I wore sneakers on my feet.

Laura

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast