Well, I've done it now.......

Thread: Well, I've done it now.......

SamIAm is offline Senior Member

DefaultWell, I've done it now.......

I've entered Sam in the show on Nov. 25-& 26 in Waco. We will be entering the ring for the first time ever, and I personally do not think that I will make it out. Trying for the first leg of RN.

Frances

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ZRL
    ZRL is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Well, I've done it now.......

You'll do great!!! ;D
    Zeke RN, agility miscreant and CGC failure

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

You'll do fine.

Just one word of warning. It is a very typical scenario, played out in show homes across America, that as soon as you pop that entry in the mail the dog decides he's never heard of the sit command...or stay command...or heel command, etc ever in his life : Stay the course. Continue to practice, and don't get frustrated. Believe it or not, it will all come together when you step into that ring.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Lydia is right--they see you filling our that entry and putting that stamp on the envelope and they know they have us!!! LOL!

Seriously, just remember to breath and keep thinking about what you are doing--don't go passive in your mind, but don't let your mind go out of control. Just think about what you need to do. AND HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

SamIAm is offline Senior Member

FUN?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

Frances

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

The first time I entered the ring, with Magnum, my heart was beating so hard I thought I would die. It was like the worse stage-fright ever. But I did it, she got a leg (this was for CD ... they didn't have Rally back then) and we continued from there. I would be lying to say I don't get nervous now because I do, but not nearly as badly. I've been in the ring a LOT since then. It's FUN. The adrenaline rush is part of the excitement that keeps me going back.

Go, have FUN and do your best and it will all fall together. And, Remember to BREATH

patm is offline Senior Member

Try to go to a show or two if you can before your show. That way you can get a good feel for how things go, what people do, etc. That helped me ALOT! Try not to get TOO nervous - remember - it's "just dogs". We're doing something fun with our dogs that we've worked hard for, but in the end - nothing earth-shattering going on here.

WeHeartLabs is offline Senior Member

lol Good luck Frances! Sam will do great
    <br /><br />

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

The most important thing is to make sure that you don't miss a station. As long as you do every station you are going to qualify. If you forget how to do a station then just do something at the station and you will still qualify. Remember not to take treats or toys into the ring or set them on the judges table. and remember to have an approved collar (no pinch or E-collars) with nothing hanging off of it like tags or tabs. Also remember that every exhibitor and even the judges have all stepped into a ring for the first time not knowing what was going to happen, so they have all been in your shoes. Just go have fun and your dog will have fun.
    Good Luck Frances!!!

Kelly and Amber
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

[email protected] making it out!

Ohhhh, that's great!! I'm so excited for you! You will see, it is really not all that bad! Just study all the signs, make sure you understand what they all mean. Count your steps on the 1-2-3 exercises. Out loud. Walk the ring until they kick you out. Ask the judge if you have any questions.

You're going to be great! Can't wait to hear about it!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever