Scotty's UKC Sub-Novice Video (x-posted in LC)

Thread: Scotty's UKC Sub-Novice Video (x-posted in LC)

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Scotty's UKC Sub-Novice Video (x-posted in LC)

Very nice job. I love to see your videos.

Can I offer a few words of advice?

I would enter the ring more formally so Scotty knows he is working as soon as he enters (before he enters is even better). I start back about 10' from the gate and do a series of heel, sit, heel, sit, pivot, heel, etc right up to the gate and to the judge who is then ready for us. I don't spend time sitting in the gate waiting for the judge to finish his paperwork because that gives the dog time to look around to see who and what is where. We enter the ring heeling and as we set up I give a sit command (if necessary) because it is the last correction I can make before we officially begin. This helps prevent the first no sit on the first halt command.

Also, heel formally between the exercises. After the exercise, quickly praise Scotty then get his mind back on the job at hand. I'm specifically thinking about the time he wanted to visit the steward for the F8. I never try to guess where the stewards will be because I'm always wrong. So we heel, sit, pviot, whatever until they are in position, then we line up. A couple of quick circles to the left before you set up will get Scotty in the right frame of mind for that first turn on the 8 so he isn't bumping/forging.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Thanks, Lydia. I appreciate your advice!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

Scotty looks like he is having so much fun!! Look at his tail going Congrats to both of you on the first show and the third place!

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy