Sunday's Utility Results

Thread: Sunday's Utility Results

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultSunday's Utility Results

Well, about the same. Did really nice heeling, nice stand, left him and turned around and he was still on the other side of the ring. Gave him the signal to down and he came running in. Took forever until I finally got him down. Articles and gloves ok. Moving Stand he moved 90 degrees and the judge took only 5 points off! On the first go out he ran out to the gates, turned and made a bee line back to me. Second go out was good.

Judge followed me around and kept telling me to be patient with Caleb that he is a wonderful working dog and we will go far. I know it is a security issue. More work before next weekend!

Wonder how Linda and Kona are doing.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_MilesMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Sunday's Utility Results

Nice going!
    <br /><br />Grand River Run Genaration &quot;Miles&quot;&nbsp; CGC RN, RL1, RL2, RA, CW-SR, C-OB1, RL1X, RL3, RE

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Wonder how Linda and Kona are doing.
    No Q in utilility but I was very pleased with his run. He didn't get the first article (in the center) ........ worked the pile but never scented it. Came back without an article and still didn't find it when the judge let me send him again. Did the second artilcle in the center and he found it!! ;D Heeling was pretty good, forged on the fast, signals were good , go outs were to a beam of light on the left but he turned toward the center and took the jumps as indicated. No problem with the gloves. He didn't stress in the ring and I have hope for the next few weeks in utililty.

Rally Excellant was a Q with a 98 and second place. The first place team was faster than us (We are known to be a slow team since I use Rally for training).

My friend's dog didn't hold her sit in Open ...... she got a leg in Advanced Rally. Our student got a first in Rally novice A and Novice A (with her chocolate lab Apollo).
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I have been checking in to see if you had posted. Glad you were pleased with his run. That is really good that all he did incorrectly was an article! I am so happy!!!! Go Kona!!!!

When is your next trial?

Oh, Friday night we did get our first RAE leg. Not necessarily going for an RAE but I had so many students entered that I used it to see how he would do if he were entered in Utility and Open--going in the ring, back in the crate and then back out. He's been to the tournament but shows are little different.
    Susan

www.labmed.org

lcspt is offline Senior Member

When is your next trial?
    Nov 11th, then the 16th and 17th and finally the 24th. That's all the shows I have entered for now.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Linda, sounds like you and Kona had a wonderful Utility run!!! I wish I could get it together more with Ruger, but it's slowing happening.

Congrats on your Rally Q!!! Good job. Give Kona big hugs and kisses!!

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

It's amazing how much the dogs stress in Utility. Murray has never stressed in the ring before but now he is showing classic signs.

Susan - I know it doesn't make you feel better, but I feel better knowing that Caleb does it too. At least I know it is a common green dog symptom and should get better with experience/confidence. So your next show is next weekend? Ours is too.

Linda - Congrats to you and Kona on the Rally leg and it sounds like you are really close for a utility leg too. ;D
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

Quote Originally Posted by rottnlabs

Susan - I know it doesn't make you feel better, but I feel better knowing that Caleb does it too.* At least I know it is a common green dog symptom and should get better with experience/confidence.* So your next show is next weekend?* Ours is too.

Doesn't bother me at all. It is a fact. Saw some of the same type of stress with some of my Open students where in the Open ring for the first time. It is a reality so why be upset. Just need to work through it. I saw the positives of him actually staying at the other end of the ring and doing a nice moving stand--until the exam.

We are entered in Rally again Friday night and the Utility Saturday and Sunday.
    Susan

www.labmed.org