Our first show EVER!!! (UKC Sub-Novice)

Thread: Our first show EVER!!! (UKC Sub-Novice)

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultOur first show EVER!!! (UKC Sub-Novice)

I know, it's nothing impressive, but it was our first time in the ring. And boy, did we have fun!!! I messed up as much as Scotty did. I totally forgot how to do halts. I usually stop on the right foot and bring the left foot in. Well, I did it exactly the opposite way and way too abrupt. On figure eight, Scotty was not paying attention on the first inside loop and I kept bumping into him with my leg. On the recall, he went around the jump. On the swing finish, he dicided to go visit a coupld Westie girls on the other end of the ring. : We have a video that I'll post tomorrow.

He got up from his sit-stay because another dog came up to sniff him. On the down-stay, he kept wining the whole time about a little sheltie girls. A Doberman also kept looking at her and wining, so I wonder if she was coming into season. All in all, it was great. We even got third place! LOL! We're doing it again tomorrow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Our first show EVER!!! (UKC Sub-Novice)

Glad you had fun ............. looking forward to see your video.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Glad you had fun--as the judge said today, having fun with your dog is what it is all about!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Wow, that's great!!! I can't wait to see the video!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Don't worry, we've all done it.*I'd like to say it gets easier the more you show but I've even given Murray the wrong command in the ring.* :-[ That's why they call it a "team" sport.* Both team members have to hold up their end of the deal.* I train with so many people who use different commands that when I get in the ring, all those words are floating around in my mind and I'll say something like "take it" instead of "fetch".* I'll think "now where the heck did that come from?"* *???* Thankfully, Murray knows his job and will usually do what he's supposed to do but, believe me, I hold my breath the entire time.

So UKC sub-nov has a jump?* I guess that means there are jumps in Novice too?* I'd like to know what type of exercises are in UKC obedience.* How different is it from AKC?

Good luck tomorrow!
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

Cinder4evr is offline Senior Member

Glad you had fun. Looking forward to tomorrows report

debjen is offline Senior Member

Gald you had fun and congrats on your 3rd place

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Glad you had fun. Competative obedience can be addicting that's for sure. Now you have an idea of what can happen in the ring and it will give you something to 'aim'/train for!

The first time I entered Belle in a show (AKC novice) I had never even BEEN to a dog show before. Needless to say we did not qualify, but a tleast I then had an idea of how things could go....wrong! But I was hooked never the less!
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

imported_MilesMom is offline Senior Member

Sounds like fun!!!
    <br /><br />Grand River Run Genaration &quot;Miles&quot;&nbsp; CGC RN, RL1, RL2, RA, CW-SR, C-OB1, RL1X, RL3, RE