Our Utility Trial Today

Thread: Our Utility Trial Today

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultOur Utility Trial Today

I must admit, Caleb was entertaining today! Positives--he walked in only a few steps when I left him on the signal and he did a great MS and did not move, initially. Now for the rest of the story. I had on cranked dog when I got into the ring. Heeling was qualifying, he did a nice stand and I left. When I signaled him to drop he came running in--a security issue. Articles, he dropped the correct metal worked the pile and picked up the correct one again and came in. Leather was great. Gloves, he did a wonderful pivot, nice front and decided it was time for tug of war. I did finally get the glove. Moving stand--he locked up and did not move! GREAT! Then the judge went to examine him and he thought she was pretty nice and decided to jump up on her and try to give her a kiss! : He did finally come to heel. Go outs were weak so since we obviously had not qualified I used it to train and told him to go touch since he pulled up short. Next go out was fine. Must admit, he gave everyone a good laugh! My instructor was outside the ring watching with her head in her hands shaking her head. The judge said that she thought he could be a nice working dog, which I replyed that he could be. I was so embarassed about him jumping up on her! We're going to meet some people at our building shortly and do some work! Tomorrow is another day.

Linda and Kona--waiting to hear from you!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Our Utility Trial Today

Linda and Kona--waiting to hear from you!
    We don't compete until tomorrow ......... I probably will do the Rally Excellant run first ......... there are 27 Utility B dogs ahead of our class (I expect our class to start near noon or after).

I got your message this from this AM. Sorry you and Caleb had problems and didn't Q. Hope tomorrow is better for you.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Susan I thought you were showing NEXT weekend. I'm sorry Caleb was such a cut up. At least his attitude was good. Wishing you better luck tomorrow.

One question. When he dropped the article then picked it up again, how was that scored? I thought it was just points but a match judge told me it could be an NQ depending on the judge.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottnlabs

One question.* When he dropped the article then picked it up again, how was that scored?* I thought it was just points but a match judge told me it could be an NQ depending on the judge.
    It is suppose to be a major deduction.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Well, I have to admit this makes me feel so much better! I mean if a great dog like Caleb can get goofy, then there is hope for my Ruger boy

I'm meeting a friend this afternoon for a run through. I'll post all the fun details later!

Good luck today. Can't wait to hear how it goes.