scrapping this weekend's match

Thread: scrapping this weekend's match

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Defaultscrapping this weekend's match

Well it sounds like this weekend's match is going to be a mess (they haven't even figured out who is judging/stewarding yet* : ) so a bunch of my training buddies and I have decided we will hold our own "match".* There are 5 of us with 10 dogs between us so we are setting up 3 rings (Utility, Nov/Open, Rally) and will put each other thru our paces just like a match.* It should be interesting if not fun. Hey if this works out, maybe we'll form a "club" and put on an official match and make some money in the process.*
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: scrapping this weekend's match

Sounds like a good plan. How did it work out for you and your friends?
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

A group of us in our training club do this periodically and it REALLY helps Ruger, a LOT. Good luck. I hope you and Murray have a great run-through.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

We had so much fun today. We were done in 2 hrs. We weren't even sure if the match had started by the time we were done. ;D

Murray did really good. I've been drilling go outs and signals all week. I've started treating after the sit for the go out and it seems to make a big difference (no searching for food and no walking back to me). We'll know for sure next week.

I set up a Rally Excellent course for my friend who is hoping to finish her title. I've been having my daughter work Essy on the advanced stuff all week. She tried the Excellent course and was awesome. I'm seriously considering moving them up to Advanced for this next week. It is a small show, unfortunately, this is the one that takes place in the hotel courtyard so there is a lot of activity in a small space. We'll continue to work on stuff this week and I'll make my decision bright and early Sat am. At least all I have to do is roll out of bed and I'll be at the superintendents table.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE