UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Lydia, did today go better?

Yes, actually today went MUCH better.* We still didn't Q but Murray's attitude was back (the good one, not the bad one. ) so I'm very happy.

His attention was much better and so was his heeling. We NQd signals.* He sat instead of downing but hey...at least he was watching ME today. Here you can see me silently praying as I leave him for the signals.

His articles were right on.

He anticipated the glove.* We turned, he sat but quickly launched himself to the glove before I could officially send him. He was happy and we had already NQd so I didn't want to correct him and risk squashing the happy attitude. Thankfully we had a good pivot so at least he got the right glove (#1). The boy LOVES his gloves (check out those ears)

His moving stand was very good. He didn't shy away from the judge.* We work very hard on his attitude during the exam.

His go outs were straight and fast again.* I now know he prefers go outs to poles rather than stancions. He started walking into me on the first go out so I repeated "SIT" and he did. ;D*Woohoo. He sat on the first command on the 2nd go out but then "forgot" to take the jump.* :* I have no idea why but I was so elated that he sat when/where he was supposed to, I really didn't care.* I know it sounds bad but remember I always tell you guys I set goals whenever we go into the ring and Qing is never one of them.* Today my first goal was attitude.* We got that back.* My second goal was for the go outs/sits to work and they did for the most part so I feel we accomplished what we set out to do.

Afterwards everyone commented on how different Murray was in the ring today.* They asked what I did differently and I said "not one damn thing".* I can't attribute the difference in attitude to anything that I did or didn't do.* Someone said "maybe Murray just had a headache yesterday."* The wind was blowing harder today and tents were blowing all over the place but the attention was better.* I just don't get it.* :-\

The judge was very nice today.* He said "I'm sorry you didn't qualify."* I said it was ok because we did better than yesterday.* He said "I've had a few people NQ today and they all said the same thing."* I said "It really makes you wonder just how bad things were yesterday, doesn't it?" and he started laughing.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

lcspt is offline Senior Member

I'm glad things and attitude were better today!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Sorry you didn't qualify but so glad to hear that Murray was better! Caleb loves his gloves, too, so that cracked me up!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Lydia, it sounds like you and Murray did really well today! What a great way to end the weekend, with your daughter's first place finish and with getting Murray's attitude back. I think Utility is going to be hard. There are so many places to NQ. We will be making our first attempt on November 26. I'm setting goals too... basically I want him to do the go-outs. At our fun match he didn't want to go all the way out there, so we've started really working on that.

When is your next show? Is Meghan going to compete in Rally Advanced?

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by raian

When is your next show?* Is Meghan going to compete in Rally Advanced?
    We have a match this weekend where I will let Meghan try Rally Advanced.* I don't think they are ready to move up yet but we'll see.* If they do well, I'll move them up for the next show which is the following weekend in Tucson.*

I have to decide before Nov 1 if I'll show Murray in Utility any more this year.* I really wish the closing date for the next series of shows was AFTER our Tucson show so I knew what to do.* We have 4 more shows this year at the same location we were at this weekend.* That should be the perfect opportunity to show since he's familar with the venue now.* He was much better on Sun so maybe he feels more comfortable there now...I just don't know.* :-\

I also need to decide when to put Meghan and Essy in Novice. After watching the Nov A group this weekend, I know they can do as well or better on any given day but I don't want them to do "well" I want them to be great.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE