Worked Ruger On Utility Today!

Thread: Worked Ruger On Utility Today!

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultWorked Ruger On Utility Today!

I finally got my a$$ in gear and set up my gating and jumps and worked Ruger this morning. I had to review the rule book because I forgot the exercises! It's been that long. Anyway, he did nice heeling. His signals ... well he did the down, and as I hesitated just a few seconds to give him the sit, he sat up by himself with a big smile on his face and then got up and trotted over to me and sat perfectly square in front. He was grinning to beat the band, it was as if he was saying... "gee, mom, I remember this stuff!". His gloves were good. We went out for #1 and #2 and quit while we were ahead. His go-outs were snappy. He sat quickly but not always straight. We had a few issues with the jumps. I can tell by looking at him when he gets it in his mind to take a certain jump... his eyebrows do this little thing and he just locks on to one jump regardless of what I do. So we will continue to work on this. Scent articles were very good... he had to really work the pile to get the leather one but he REALLY worked the pile, never stopping till he found it. I didn't do moving stand. It's been a good exercise for us and without someone else to go over him it's not helping him all that much.

All in all I was happy with him today. He's exhausted now. After working/playing in the field this morning and then doing the "brain" exercises of Utility, the boy is tuckered out

BTW, what happened to our journal??

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Worked Ruger On Utility Today!

BTW, what happened to our journal??
    It got lost a few months ago but Monnie started a new one. https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...c,14152.0.html

Sounds like Ruger is doing well remembering the exercises. Kona did well yesterday at the show and go. We'll see how he does next Sunday at the real thing.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Good boy Ruger!

The journal never got re-stuck at the top.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

I emailed and asked Daniel to sticky it, but he never did. Guess I'll reask him.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie