day 2 agility/ob: it finally stopped raining. I still should have stayed in bed

Thread: day 2 agility/ob: it finally stopped raining. I still should have stayed in bed

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Defaultday 2 agility/ob: it finally stopped raining. I still should have stayed in bed

I took all my stuff home Sat to wash the mud off.* Everything was nice and clean when we went back to the agility site.* It wasn't raining but my space still had a river running thru it.* I decided to move our tent to higher ground.* My tent neighbors called me a traitor. * At least my stuff stayed clean today.* That was about the only thing good about today though.

We ran 2 back-to-back Open std courses first thing in the morning.* Again, Murray checked out on the first run.* He's been doing this since July at the San Diego trial.* I don't know how I'm going to fix this.* I can't remember how many errors we had but there were a lot of them (off course, dropped bars, missed weaves, etc).* GRRR.* The 2nd run Murray was much better.* We were THAT close to Qing but he missed the down contact on the dog walk.

During the 2nd walk thru my friend at the obedience trial called and told me we were to be the 2nd dog in the UA ring and Essy was the 1st Nov A dog so as soon as we finished the 2nd std run, I threw Murray, Essy, and my daughter in the truck and we rushed to the obedience site (30 min away).* My friend met us there with our armbands and both Meghan and I were hurried into our separate rings.* Murray sat on the down signal but otherwise did very well.* All other exercises were great then we get to directed jumping.* I send Murray out and he goes out but he is sniffing the ground all the way out.* What the heck?* He takes the bar jump and knocks the bar off in the process (after his agility runs I wasn't surprised). I send him again.* He sniffs all the way out and then he puts on the breaks and stops...TO PEE!!!!* AGGGGGHHHHH!* He peed gallons.* Poor guy.* He had pottied before the 2nd agility run but I guess he didn't get it all out.* My poor prednisone boy. * I left the ring dejected.* My friends tried to cheer me up by saying "a poor match means you'll have a great show next weekend."* I can only hope.* I mean it can't get any worse than peeing in the ring, can it? * Can it?* Please tell me it can't.

Essy and my daughter did very well.* Essy's performance was not as good as Sat but she hung in there (she was very laggy).* They finished with a 187 and 1st place.

We rushed back to agility to do our jumpers run.* Murray was rested, pottied and ready to go.* We go out to the start and Murray won't sit.* He is intently focused on the course, ears forward, body leaning forward, and he's whining.* I look at the course and I don't see anything that would have his attention.* I'm thinking "hmm, maybe he's just ready to work".* NOT!* I said "let's go" and he took off racing across the course (note I didn't say "on the course") to a spot in the middle where he started sniffing.* I'm screaming "MURRAY HERE!!!* MURRAY HEEEEERRREEE!!".* He comes back when he's good and ready.* I never did see anything that he would have been interested in.* It must have been some blade of grass calling to him in a high pitched voice that only dogs can hear.* I get him back on the course and he runs OK (except for dropping bars).*

I'm frustrated.* Out of 8 events this weekend we didn't get a single Q.* Unbelievable.* The one good thing is that my daughter and I won 3 of the raffle prizes.* My daughter won some note cards with baby pups on it (different breeds) and some misc toys, leash/collar, etc.* I won a pair of gloves and an agility record book.* I was happy.* I had really wanted the agility record book, a Lab fleece blanket, and a carrot cake.* I considered myself very lucky to get 1 of the 3 (although after the weekend we had I really could have used the carrot cake to drown my sorrows )

Oh and for Linda... My friend's husband got a new Nikon digital SLR camera for his birthday so he took a bunch of pictures of me and Murray. He said "you probably don't want to see these, do you?" I said "as long as you don't have video, pictures are fine. You can't see how bad we were in pictures." I'll post them once he sends me a link.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: day 2 agility/ob: it finally stopped raining. I still should have stayed in bed

Hmmmmmm - glad your daughter did well I save these stories to help cheer me up (or commiserate) for the times that I do badly in the ring. Good luck at your next show

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: day 2 agility/ob: it finally stopped raining. I still should have stayed in bed

Sorry about the not so great day! Glad your daughter did well! Can't wait to see pictures.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

Don't know if I should say I'm glad I'm not the only one not to get any Q's this weekend or not...seems like at least one of us should gotten something..hopefully next weekend will be better for us all.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: day 2 agility/ob: it finally stopped raining. I still should have stayed in

It must have been some blade of grass calling to him in a high pitched voice that only dogs can hear. I get him back on the course and he runs OK (except for dropping bars).
    I'm just LOL at this one. Silly Murray.

Lydia, don't be so hard on yourself. I am not surprised that you didn't Q. You were racing around, frazzled, switching gears from agility to obedience... I don't think you should have expected that much from Murray Relax, take a deep breath, chalk this weekend up to part of the "big adventure" and I'm sure next weekend you guys will ROCK!!!