Weekend Agility Results

Thread: Weekend Agility Results

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultWeekend Agility Results

Boy are we tired. I hate getting up at 4:30. But it was worth it. Saturday Ruger had issues with tunnels and weaves... refusing on tunnels and popping out on weaves. No Q's for us.

We are competing in Open. He needed one Standard leg to move up to Excellent, but he didn't get it this weekend. He did get one Jumper leg...

Sunday, his morning Jumper run was BEAUTIFUL. We did have to repeat the weaves (he popped out on #10... AGAIN...) but we did them correctly the second time. We had that one fault and placed 2nd in the class. Out of 57 dogs running in Open only TWO quailified (and Ruger was one of them

Our afternoon Standard was a good run, but he popped out of the weave on #10 again, and when I repeated them he decided to just do every other one : So it was no good... and I made him err on a tunnel... I was yelling at him to get in the "tire" and bless his heart he WAS looking for the danged tire.. when I meant tunnel. Bad Handler, bad!!!

Pictures below. Mom took them, first time she ever used my camera, she did okay with it and enjoyed shooting at the trial.

This first pic is weird... but I love the way it shows all Ruger's muscling. He had just landed off that aqua/green jump and I was doing a front cross and pulling him into another jump (courses were really tight and twisty).

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Weekend Agility Results

Congrats! Hey, Linda love the way you change clothes in the middle of the run!!! LOL! Just the way you posted them!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

debjen is offline Senior Member

Very nice pics

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, I'm talented that way. Actually the pics are from the all the runs I usually change clothes in the afternoon as it gets hot outside

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

LOL Susan, I was thinking the same thing. I love the little dance you are doing in the second picture. Congratulations.
    You missed a great seminar. Not sure you would have liked her method. She teaches that you teach through a shut down. You never give up and let them win. If they shut down, you keep working until they comply. She says that most problems are a lack of commitment on the dog's part to do what they're told and the handler's part to make them til they get compliance. I was amazed at how it worked. Lara had Luna there. Lara is convinced that Luna is soft. Chris had Luna working like a champ. She said Luna isn't near as soft as she has convinced Lara that she is. It was a great two days.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

Thanks Monnie. That was a front cross in the 2nd picture as well, I barely got out of his way!!

Sorry I missed the seminar, I really wanted to do it, but had already signed up and paid for this trial. Ruger doesn't shut down anymore, he really hasn't done that since that time in Beaufort. I'm sure she had some good ideas, and some that I would not use, but it's always fun learning new training techniques.

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Your mom took some really nice pictures.* You and Ruger look great!

Quote Originally Posted by buddysmom
    I love the little dance you are doing in the second picture.
    That would be the "hokey pokey" maneuver.* You put your left foot in and you shake it all about.* ;D
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

Thanks Lydia, Mom actually liked the camera, the "pros" that were shooting the event kept looking at her. I had the exact same lens on my camera that one of the pro guys did

Ruger is one tired boy today. He swam this morning and then hit the couch for the rest of the day

patm is offline Senior Member

The pictures are GREAT! Your mom did good ;D Interesting remark about the seminar and thinking your dog is soft - I know that my instructor thinks that I am too easy on Emilu and that Emilu can take a lot more "correction" than I give her. I must admit that I do think she is "sensitive". Maybe she does have me fooled - but I just can't bring myself make that little girl unhappy.

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

I like the A-frame pic with the other dog looking on in interest. Good Job!
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />